Fibro plus cervical disc disease

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was diagnosed with degenerative disc in my neck when I was 40. They told me I was way too young to have it and that it usually doesn't happen under age 60. It seems to be a common thing though for females with fibro. How many of you have autoimmune things going on?

Aren't doctors funny? You are not too young to have a condition if you have it, and discs degenerate for many reason. A fall I took when I was 16 was probably the first insult my c-spine suffered. My chronic pain stems from that first injury and my body's attempts to stabilize my c-spine by growing extra bone. I probably had symptoms of something slowly going terribly wrong for years, and did not recognize them.

I think doctors use the "too young" line as a shield against having to focus on that particular problem, opting look for something they know they can successfully treat and cure instead. I repeat, if you have a condition, you are not too young to have it.

However, I have no autoimmune complications, yet. I am in the right generation, though. My maternal grandmother had rheumatoid arthritis. If it skips generations, I would be next in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back