Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2001
Country
US
State
Iowa
I'm a new member here. I was diagnosed in 2001 with fibro but my dr said I probably had it before this. I also was diagnosed with lung cancer last year and after a rough go with chemo I have had 3 scans so far that show no cancer. While I was undergoing chemo I was not really bothered much by my fibro and I'm not sure if it was because I was focused on my chemo and getting through this or some of the drugs in the chemo helped. Currently, I've been in the worst flare I've ever had going on 4 days straight. I attribute most of it to the darn cold because I live in the Midwest. I'm looking forward to this group so that I can find things that may work for some and see if it would help me plus helping others if I can.

Diana,
Welcome to the forum. I hope that you have a good doctor that can help supply you with the medication you need during this flare. But also you can learn a lot about managing the different symptoms of fibro on this forum. If you take the time to read the posts that relate to your current symptoms you will gain knowledge about medications and stress relief, relaxing ideas and things to buy to improve your sleep. Be sure to read the older posts as well.

Ask us questions and pitch in and answer ones that you know a good answer too. By sharing and reading around the forum, it will help you gain coping skills and give you a chance to make new friends who truely understand what your going through. This forum is very supportive of it's members and we even have a moan and groan section for those bad days.

Glad you found us and I will see you around the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back