Not open for further replies.

Indianagal

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IN
Someone from my fibromyalgia support group recently sent out an email to all us members saying there is a new blood test that confirms fibromyalgia. has anyone on this site heard of it yet?

Heard of it. It's through some research university. I forget which one. It's like, $750 and I get the impression that many insurances won't cover it as they'd likely consider it "experimental."

Thanks for the reply, looking back at my emails you are correct. Hopefully one day soon there will be a blood test that everyone can afford to diagnose this terrible disease

Welcome back Indiangirl, I have missed seeing your postings.
I got an email about it, but found the cost to be far to much money at this point. Wouldn't it be nice if someone would invent medications and tools for diagnosis that everyone could easily afford. But they always want to make millions from the get go. Someday maybe we will get a brake on the price......lol

Interesting news though, getting the diagnosis for illnesses like fibromyalgia is half the battle sometimes! It would be great if it works and it becomes something that can be offered routinely. Hopefully the price comes down reasonably quickly to allow more people access to it.

That would be great if they make it more readily available. Hopefully it will work and insurance will pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back