Not open for further replies.

AMC87

Diagnosis
11/2012
Country
US
State
MI
I have been diagnosed two years this coming November. still not much relief just wish i could find something that helped.

Hello! I'm really sorry you haven't found anything to help your pain. Would you want to share what you've tried and also what your symptoms are? Maybe we could offer some suggestions.

Hve you tried with medical marijuana? I know it's not for everyone, but I must say it has helped me a lot! I know I prefer to smoke that than having to take a ton of meds for pain. Plus it has really helped me with my insomnia and my lack of appetite.

Last edited:
Five years for me and I still suffer daily! This is no fit way to live! I have drugs that take the edge off but I am probably getting addicted to them in the process. I would not recommend you take them except how can you go on in such pain? I hope by the time this reaches you, you have come up with something that helps! Let me know what that is!

I've found that medical marijuana works well as well as stretching, yoga and meditation. Also, do not overeat. Those are all incredibly important treatments/behaviors to adopt. Get a lot of fresh air and get a pet. The company of another soul is good for your psyche. If you focus on creating comfort for another person you will think of your own condition less and less.

Trellum, I am planning to use med marijuana very soon. I am anxious to see if it will help with my pain. I hear it does. I have no trouble finding it but I have no money for it at the moment. Soon, very soon.

Trellum, I am planning to use med marijuana very soon. I am anxious to see if it will help with my pain. I hear it does. I have no trouble finding it but I have no money for it at the moment. Soon, very soon.

$40 worth will last you a long while. Probably a month. You only need a little at at time, trust me. What state do you live in? You are on the right path. There is no reason for it to be illegal.

Hve you tried with medical marijuana? I know it's not for everyone, but I must say it has helped me a lot! I know I prefer to smoke that than having to take a ton of meds for pain. Plus it has really helped me with my insomnia and my lack of appetite.

Medical marijuana is not an option i also have chronic migraines and smoke of any kinds is one of my triggers for my migraines.

i have tried cymbalta and nurotin (not sure the other is spelled right) . symptom wise i have a lot of back pain and spasms, as well as pain all over all the rime and headaches.. those are the main symptoms i also have issues remembering any thing.

I'm sorry those didn't work for you, AMC87, but you're definitely not alone with that. We're all so individual when it comes to what helps us. I couldn't take Cymbalta or savella. I also tried Neurontin, but it didn't help me either. There are other older antidepressants that doctors have success with, like Elavil, or some of the SSRI's like celexa, Zoloft, Prozac. Also, for spasms a muscle relaxer should help.

Also you may need a pain med to help. Many doctors are comfortable with prescribing tramadol for fibro pain, b/c it's not supposed to be as addictive as the opiods. Unfortunately it's a trial and error process finding the right meds to help. And usually it requires more than one. I personally take celexa, a muscle relaxer at night, and pain meds during the day. With all of that, I'm not completely housebound, but it does take effort for me to get out and do things. I've had to scale way back what I'm able to do.

I hope you'll meet with your doctor and keep trying something to help you. You deserve to feel better. Good luck!

I have problems with meds and have found that using Neurontin and Excedrin Migraine pills, help take the edge off my pain so I can get something done during the day. Some herbal pills may help you like ginger root capsules.

Other things that have helped me is by not pushing myself to get loads of stuff done in one day. Try to pace yourself and do a bit at a time and relax and rest often. Another thing is getting a good nights sleep. Try and find a fiber bed pad that is at least 3 inches deep. These are not mattress pads but thicker pads you lay on top of your mattress under your sheets. Lots of places have them and they give your body extra custioning so your muscles can relax. They come in all bed sizes and are made of cotton fiber or feathers, or even foam.

Also using two pillows instead of one can help cushion your neck better. Getting massages are great if you can stand to have them done and can afford them, but if not look for a full body vibrating pad that also has heat cycles. These mads give you different speeds and feel like having a roller glide from your neck to feet and back again. Really help muscles relax.

Lastly try taking a bath in warm water with Epson Salt in the water. This helps muscles relax, as well as, heal sore muscles. You need a tub bath for this and someone to help you in and out of bath.

Hope some of these ideas provide you with some new coping skills. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back