Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/1999
Country
US
State
CA
I learned this a long time ago, thank goodness....doctors spend so little time with us and we leave their office knowing almost as much as we knew when we went in.

Firstly, request copies of your labs....learn to study them and understand them. Address the highs and low range labs...those out of the range, etc. Keep labs and compare year by year...I have a pile of labs I've saved and refer to.

So often we come in at the very low end of the range and docs pass on this and say "we are in range"....an example is potassium....many come in on very low end of range, and it's known that more potassium gives us energy.....I'm not saying overload with potassium, but be aware of this....I dose with extra potassium daily as my range on potassium is lower.

Conventional docs do NOT address nutrition and vital minerals, deficiencies etc...so we have to be up on that...I've learned so much over the 25 yrs I've been working with alternative healing. I would NEVER get my education from conventional docs and not even from the integrative MD's...they don't have the time nor interest for that matter.

I'm a firm believer that just about EVERYTHING we deal with can be HELPED by alternatives, yes, there are emergencies and drugs that we do need and I've used some, some with regrets, but for me it's firstly putting something in my body it needs. I needed heavy duty drugs with hip replacement and that surgery has been a mess for me, so now I often WISH I had not done it.

I know my body doesn't need Ibuprofen, but I can't find a better solution so I use it daily and also Pain RX herbal for in between ibuprofen.

It's a long hard process to feel better and manage it all, but we need to do our parts. J

Thanks for the post. I think it has good advice. Esp on keep track of your own labs! And I totally agree with supplements and herbs.

good advise on the labs.

they should be in your log book and talked about with your doctor, get clear answers not its with in range. that not an answer.

Yep, I didn't know anything when a doc told me for 10 miserable years, your thyroid is fine, you are in RANGE....we are not numbers...

In the days before labs, prior to 70's, doctors knew what people needed, MOST OFTEN thyroid support.

a reminder again. New people arrive here every day it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back