Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/1999
Country
US
State
CA
I'm much older than most here I believe and seem to be the most active in posting. I've never been a V8 person but a friend who deals with CFS and we share a lot of info on our issues...got me on to V8 as it contains High Potassium....She and I have discussed potassium levels and read all about potassium deficiency or when we are low....

Just because our levels fall into the range when we get labs, it could be low end and adding more potassium daily can bring us some energy. My friend has taken 700mg at a shot and it brings her up....she doesn't do that every day, but usually takes 300-400mg per day on top of foods that contain potassium. Our foods just do not do it for the most part.

I take the low V8 as I take BP meds and don't want to add too much sodium, although we do need good salts and I use sea salts when I cook. I know of some people who lick sea salts off their fingers daily, helps adrenals.

Anway, just sharing AGAIN what I've learned some my good friends.

Look at your potassium labs. This is JUST one area we need to think about.

I've never acquired a taste for V8 in any form. Sun-dried tomatoes are really high in potassium. Other good sources are dried apricots, prunes, and raisins. Oh, spinach as well. My dad has chronically low potassium from medications and these are foods that were recommended.

I had a dear friend who is now gone and she was so paranoid about sodium, she took BP meds, and there were many times when we were together she would pass out at the dinner table, she salted nothing. So when the 911 folks came for her, took her to the ER, she was forever low on potassium and they had to do potassium IV's..... gotta balance and potassium and magnesium too. As I said I was never a V8 person but NOW a cold glass of V8 with my MSM drink and fresh lemon squeeze, soooo good. And a nice lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back