Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
Il
Hi,
I was just diagnosed last week. I had several back surgeries from 1994 - 1998 and have been taking first Lortab and now Norco since 1998, i also take Meloxicam for Inflammation, i was taking Arthrotec but Meloxicam is much cheaper. My Pain Dr. sent me to a Rheumatologist to see if i had a Auto Immune Disease due to how my pain is so much worse when the weather is bad,he said he did not know much about that. she diagnosed me with Osteoarthritis (wide spread) and Fibromyalgia. She did blood work to test for Thyroid, B-12, Vit D, Magnesium, CBC ,CMP, it came back with Vitamin D Deficeincy, she put me on 50,000 units once a week for 12 weeks. She said I did not have Auto Immune Disorder.
Well i just wanted to say hi. I have been reading so many of your posts and i think to myself, well i have that but i didn’t realize it was fibro.
:)

dhfal55,
Welcome to the forum. I am glad your taking the time to read through the forum posts. Often when we are given a diagnosis we are happy just in knowing what is wrong, but then we realize that in order to live with our disorders we need knowledge and coping skills. I think that is what I love about this forum the most, it is the sharing of ideas and hints and what has worked and what has not.

Of course mind you everyone is different what works for me, may not work for you. But just knowing what is out there, in the form of medications and alternatives, makes us feel stronger and more in control of our health problems. So keep reading and don't forget to check out the back posts as well as the new ones.

Feel free to ask more questions and share your thoughts around the forum. :)

Hi dhfal55,

I just wanted to welcome you to the forum also. I was diagnosed with fibro in 2011. I also have degenerative disc disease. Having other issues besides fibro makes it really difficult to know what the pain is from each day. I take Lyrica and Cymbalta and have been seeing a neurologist. But I am going to find a good rheumatologist very shortly to treat my fibromyalgia. Hopefully can find some other treatment to help me with my pain. Physical therapy has worked good for me as well as back massages.

I hope you visit the forum often and get to know some others who are in the same boat. This forum has been very helpful to me. Sweed is great at answering questions as are other members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back