Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
IRE
State
mayo
Hi Guys, new to the community and wanted to say hello.

I first started getting getting symptoms of CFS about 5 years ago and was getting serious sinus headaches, drained all the time to the point of being a shadow of my former self and not spending a week for 5 years of not having some kind of pain.

On my trips to the quacks they would say I was fine and I'm sure my GP thought I wanted to score painkillers or something- I even went to A&E one day with aching lymphnodes and the nurse was giving me the willie by saying I might have got cancer. My bloods came back fine but it wasn't helping my already bad nerves.

Between the aches and pain I don't really know what to do to help so I just get on with it. I have crazy acid feflux and have changed mypace of life and began farming and writing and it's what is required as some days are hard to get functioning.

Hi, Irish - and welcome! I'm new here, too - and I certainly understand having to change your pace of life and becoming a shadow of your former self. Fibro has changed all of our lives so drastically - and so unfairly. I've dealt with doctors who acted like I was fine, too. I went to 7 different doctors before one finally said, "well, you might have fibromyaglia." - and he sent me to a rheumatologist, who said, "Yep. You have it. Here's a pamphlet. Don't worry, it's nothing you can die from." Seriously? Good grief. Don't know why it's so hard to find a good doctor...but it is. I've read articles that say more doctors are starting to take fibro more seriously, but I haven't seen that happen yet in my area.

Irish,
Welcome to the forum. I am sorry that your having a hard time with the doctors in your area, although, it is true of that kind of behavior in the USA and Canada, as well. However, you now have a place to share your experiences and make some new fibro friends. We have topics on pain and fatigue, general fibro questions and alternative methods, and even a moan and groan section.

I would first say be sure to read through the posts in the areas that are most like the symptoms you are experiencing and read older posts as well. Ask more questions and jump right in in answering other members as well. I look forward to seeing your name around the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back