Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
Utah
hi! im kieran and im a 19 year old with fibromyalgia.

i was wondering if anyone here knew much about mobility scooters. namely, how i would go about finding one to use. i honestly have no idea in the slightest how to even begin.

i would use it for days where my pain is really bad or days where i am going somewhere that will involve a lot of walking. a cane suffices for short to moderate walks but i find myself increasingly fatigued and pained at the end of longer walks and it makes me feel terrible and insecure because i cannot keep up with my friends.

does anyone have recommendations for what type of scooter i should be looking for, where to find one, or specific models?

thank you.

good morning, i hope you are having a low pain day today. i personally would not get one. i work with seniors that have them.
first, it will keep you from moving and your muscles will be weakened and more pain.You need the walk not a long walk. next you will need a truck or suv with a lift to put it in. lift costs $1000. used chair cost $500-$800. go to your near by senior living apartments and talk to the folks that have them.
these will not help you get around the house. dont believe the ad's,ask for yourself. you can get the used chair from them as many dont use them of they have died and the kids post on the board in the lobby to sell them.

rest on the long walks your friends will understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back