Abuse: A Proposed Cause of FMS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started a thread about the function of the hippocampus, which also relates to this topic and traumatic amnesia. Any info you have would be useful.

Good for you. Did you see the google keywords? I hope you found some great information. :D

I no there so many kinds of abuse we can suffer. And sadly as many know it can give u many problems ,I'd have to say though that there's many ppl out there who have never had abuse and still have fibro.xx

Yes you're right. Not all people who have Fibro have been abused. I wasn't trying to say that. Sorry if it came across like that.

Yeah. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting closer to some sort of scientific understanding of all this. At this point I think the reason Fibro is so difficult to understand has at least something to do with the hippocampus and the way stress and trauma influence the human nervous system. But I'm not a doctor so it's going to take me a while to sort through all this information and make any sense of it. But certainly the way trauma influences the hippocampus seems like a big clue to understanding Fibromyalgia.

Yeah. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting closer to some sort of scientific understanding of all this. At this point I think the reason Fibro is so difficult to understand has at least something to do with the hippocampus and the way stress and trauma influence the human nervous system. But I'm not a doctor so it's going to take me a while to sort through all this information and make any sense of it. But certainly the way trauma influences the hippocampus seems like a big clue to understanding Fibromyalgia.

Yes that's great. I've come across similar findings in my research.

I will share with you some of what I have discovered about this topic;
I belong to a study group of people from across the spectrum of life styles, backgrounds, etc- all of us have Fibro. Some have only fibro, some are combo patients with other medical problems. The common pattern that we see is that; people with more severe backgrounds have it more severe, those with less of a stress background have lighter/easier symptoms. The tiredness seems to be the same across the board. In our study, the patients with the highest level of pain, pain related complications etc are those from a sexual abuse background, PTSD, depression, then from physical/mental/verbal abusive situations; military people-people from bad marriages-high anxiety people, high stress people either from job or home life, , personality, then third seems to be people that have always "burned the candle at both ends" and then had a traumatic event happen-car accident, surgery, major injury etc type of sudden onset of trauma or has medium to moderate stress over a long period of time.

The major common issue we all have; INSOMNIA and over 60% of us have Vit D deficiency.

So did our "stress" cause us to have insomnia- then from the insomnia and not getting good recuperative sleep trigger our bodies? Did hi levels of Cortisol over the long period of time cause damage to our nervous system? I think it is a combo of things that after a certain point- our bodies 'broke' in a complex way.

and yes, I had a very very abusive- in all manners - childhood, left home at 15 and had stress all my life.

i'd just like to add to your question "So did our "stress" cause us to have insomnia" its the most common thing that all of you have that caused your insomnia. it's called Pain! pain causes us stress, stress causes us not to sleep(insomnia). if you didnt suffer from the pain,you would be able to sleep and not have stress. thats why they treat all of us with pain meds.

im glad your in that group. please pass on what ever you can about what you learn from it. we can all use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back