Other people being hostile towards you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nireno

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/2011
Country
CA
State
Province of the moon
I've had this happen many times where a friend will just blow up on you and start calling you a spoiled brat or self-absorbed. I usually never talk about my illness because it always gets a negative response or makes people feel uncomfortable. But, alas it seems even my closest friend who I thought I could talk to has turned on me. Parents are always mad because I'm ill. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Being sick is a nightmare.

I also avoid the topic at all costs. I have had times when I couldn't avoid pain or anxiety. But my husbands father is in the military so "I couldn't possibly be dealing with anything he has endured." He has no pain he runs 15 miles every morning before going to his "home job" the only thing he suffers from is cluster headaches from something blowing up right outside of his bungalow? Not sure if that's what it's called. Like I said haven't talked about it to much. So haven't had to hear the story of " I don't wanna hear anything about chronic migraines" blah blah and then when I can not avoid it they look at me like I'm faking or from another planet or something then after I leave my sister in law will tell me how they all say that the blood tests came back negative so she isn't sick. The let's rule everything similar out tests. I cant defend myself towards him right now but the time will come I can only hold back so much I'm gonna explode. It won't be pretty, him and his wife will call cps and then all the sudden I will be sick in fact too sick and unstable to care for my children, cps will have a field day with that one once the do their routine by the book home check and realize I push my self enough to do what I have to do around the house and for my kids I pace myself when I can but in the end most of it gets done....if a laundry basket full of clean clothes don't get folded and put away which tends to bug me that not everything is in its place but then I have to remind myself of what I could regret in the morning if I stress to much over the laundry basket or if I stress and then go push myself more to get everything done. They think I'm lazy because I can't work. I can't stand or sit for very long it used to be about half hour now it's probably ten minutes at the very most and during that time I'm constantly changing positions moving my feet to try and relieve some pain don't work but mentally it's a habit. Sorry your best friend has done this to you maybe she will come around and you could explain if you haven't already everything to her that at any moment could happen and just ruin the rest of the day if you don't wake up in that stage already maybe trying and get her to understand your not trying to get attention from her you just want her to understand so that when you are having to much of a day and need her help she will be more understanding. I have tried this with my husband...... failed (not to discourage) but he has told me he doesn't want to understand it becomes he doesn't have it so he will never really know what I'm feeling like. I wish he would listen to me but he is always there for me during my grey and really dark times. I hope your friendship can be put back together and if you have already tried to talk to her and she is still saying this then she might be scared for you, or angry at the issues themselves because you can't do the thingsame you once could and now she feels left out in the rain. Or maybe (I hope I'm wrong) she is not the best person to talk to which really sucks when she is supposed to be your best friend. I have my family well some of them and that's it is have list all my friends most of them because I was working way back and suffering and they didn't work so "I was too busy for them" and some because they don't believe me I have pushed people out because of things said (my side of my family) and I will eventually push more out sorry for the long post now I feel like the selfish one ��

Yeah I had to let it go. There was too much negativity and misunderstanding. I don't have the energy to keep explaining myself to anyone. That's the energy I need for healing so he had to go. I'm sorry for your difficulties as well....these things are so draining. Hoping for better times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back