Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
CA
State
ON
i have been dealing with pain for over 10 years and got diagnosed with fibro in 2013, over the years i have tryed numerous meds and treatments, i have had intravenious novacaine, physio, electric stimulus, massage, ect. i have taken most of the meds from cymbalta, lyrica, gabapentin, amytriptylin vimovo,percocet ect. none have worked or i have such a bad reaction that i cant take it. my dr isnt helpfull at all, her suggestion is take vitamin d dont smoke or drink coffee. i cant take it anymore. i have thought about trying marijuana to see if it will help. people on other sites say it does but i'm not sure. i have asked my dr about this but she just ignores me. my last prescription was for tramadol 1 3xday for 1 week then up to 2 3x a day then 3 3x aday my thought is if percocet isn't working then will this work. it is not covered under my drug plan and cant afford to pay over 100 dollars for something that might not work. does anyone use marijuana and if so does it work how much do you use and what kind. any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I smoke at night but since I have a baby I can't during the day due to lack of energy. If you don't mind getting sleepy then it's worth a shot. I know personally it doesn't work as well for my pain as pain medication does, but that's because my pain is mostly burning pain. If it's mostly muscle pain then I do think it could help you. What it does is takes your focus off the pain and relaxes you. Ever watch a movie and notice you sort of forgot about your pain? That's what it does. You could also try switching from Percocet to Vicodin, I know some people one works well and the other doesn't do a lot. Just depends on your body. I hope you can find some relief, I feel your pain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back