Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
GER
State
Bavaria
Hello everyone,

I'm a 16 year old girl from Germany and here's my story:

About 2 years ago I suddenly got very sick - as in feeling like there's too much air inside my body, having constipation or diarrhea along with circulation problems.
When it didn't get any better, I went through several tests including a gastroscopy.
The results were always negative, the doctors " didn't know how to help me" and sent me home. Eventually all this got better and I was fine again.

Fast forward to September 2013. Suddenly the exact same symptoms come back, it was terrible, but got better at around December. On December 23rd I suddenly felt a weird "pulling - pain " in one of my fingers. I didn't think much of it, but it gradually got worse.
Over the next 2 weeks both my hands started hurting (it's not as much of a pain as it is an annoyance). I went to a doctor who told me that "nothing was wrong" and that I should go straight to the hospital if it got worse. Well, it did.

My arms were next, then my legs. But most of the pain was still in my hands and fingers.
I went to the hospital and they did a CT, Nerve conduction velocity test and an ultrasound of my hands. The result? Absolutely nothing.
So they sent me back home, saying it was "possibly carpal tunnel syndrome" which was already eliminated through the ultrasound, but whatever I guess :(

I went to a physiotherapist and started taking medicinal clay, and it got better.. or so I thought.

Last week it suddenly came back and it is worse than before. My hands are hurting so much I just want to cry all the time.
The pain i experience feels like someone is pulling something inside my fingers/hands/arms, sometimes it's a pulsating kind of feeling, sometimes it feels like someone is stabbing me with small needles, sometimes it feels like the pain spreads from my wrist area into my fingers.

I don't know what to do anymore, I feel like every test there is will be negative.
I read about fibromyalgia when my hand first started to hurt but didn't consider it possible since I'm still young and at that point it hadn't happened in random intervals - but now I start to think that fibromyalgia is what I have.

Has anyone had similar experiences or could tell me if my symptoms sound like I have fibromyalgia? Possibly what I can do to control the pain ?
I'm just very lost right now :(

It does sound very familiar to me and I have Fibromyalgia. The pain in the fingers, hands and arms sound like what I get. I do think you have fibromyalgia. I don't think it has anything to do with what age you are. You can get it at any age. I am starting to think it's genetic also. Does anyone else in your family, such as your Mother, sister, cousins have anything similar. Maybe even your Grandmother? You should ask around.

Have you been tested for any autoimmune diseases? What you are describing should set of some lights in your doctors head with regards to this sort of diagnoses.

It does sound very familiar to me and I have Fibromyalgia. The pain in the fingers, hands and arms sound like what I get. I do think you have fibromyalgia. I don't think it has anything to do with what age you are. You can get it at any age. I am starting to think it's genetic also. Does anyone else in your family, such as your Mother, sister, cousins have anything similar. Maybe even your Grandmother? You should ask around.

Hmm, nothing that I know of. My mother and father are completely healthy and have always been, my grandmothers are both dead but my parents say they didn't have anything related to fibromyalgia as well..

I would like to suggest you go and see a Rheumatologist, to get a second opinion. If you have fibro or another form of arthritis. You have had a great deal of testing, but sometimes symptoms appear before true notable signs of any disease.

Also read around the forum to get some ideas on things you could try to ease your pain. Ask any questions you want to and join in on other members questions and tell us what you think. Read topic sections on pain and also alternative methods.

I am glad you found this forum and I hope you will stay around and let us offer you a sense of support until you find out what is causing your symptoms. :)

I got very sick a few years ago. I had to be taken off work for about a week....it just kept hanging on. I finally got better....well almost. I kept complaining to my Dr. that I still didn't feel well and was exhausted all the time. After about a year she did some blood work and told me I had Chronic Fatigue syndrome. Since that time, I've had hand and wrist pain that was horrible some days. It killed me to go to work and type all day. The pain then started in my legs, back and shoulders. I was then diagnosed with Fibro. I even went to a pain clinic for a bad back and they couldn't really think of anything to help either. I went on Cymbalta for a while and it did help. Then, my heart started beating very fast and I would sweat, etc....The Cymbalta caused me to have "PVST" and my heart would beat up to 140 beats a minute. This is rare. So, I would agree with the others that Fibro should be considered and you should try Cymbalta and gabapentin. I myself had surgery on my back on Dec. 6th, and it caused an increase in my Fibro pain by double or even triple. It's awful! I still have Norco for my back, but after that I don't know what's going to happen. Has anyone heard of surgery increasing Fibro pain permanently? Best of luck to you and go to your Dr. and ASK to be referred to a rheumatologist right away if they won't consider treating you for Fibro. It couldn't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back