Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2013
Country
US
State
TN
I am new to this forum and desperate for help.
I am deteriorating so quickly and my life is changing so quickly
I'm having trouble adjusting.
I am open to any and all 'treatments, salves, pills, herbs....'

Hi,

We have been there, newly diagnosed ? Its a tough disease...hoping your dr . Will help...

For self help..moist heat really helps...i personally cannot take tons of medicines..but take a little and use topical pain relievers to assist in really bad areas...soothanol x2 is good at relieving pain.. I use it after shower and a little goes a long way...at night i use pain erase because nothing in it disturbs my sleep...our muscles get too stiif and tight...so light stretches and easy yoga helps...

There's definitely a learning curve with this disease, my sister has it and ice helped her, but for me its heat..so some trial and error as each of us is different....

Hope you feel better very soon, take care

Thank you very much. I had fibromyalgia three years before I was actually diagnosed. My symptoms are coming on fast now. I've missed a lot of work lately. Ive recently had to start using a cane. I've also been experiencing a lot of neuropathy. Losing total use of my left arm, my left leg is going numb now. That's besides every cell in my body hurting. I have found that he helps but only while the heating pad is on. I'm having a flareup right now and can't work. I was hoping to find somebody with similar tips for the pain and also what I can do to keep my job. I appreciate any and all help.

Hi there! I feel your pain! Sometimes my flares feel like someone has been throwing boulders at me, ugh...

what meds are you on? It's really important to find the right combo. As far as work goes, I gave it my best shot, then became self employed so I can work when I feel like it.

As horrible as it sounds, I get down on the floor on pillows and stretch. Sadly, the only thing that will totally numb the flare ups for me are opioids, and I refuse to be held hostage by them.

Your rheumatologist can be yojr best friend. Find one that will work with you and is willing to let you try different things.

Best wishes, pls keep us posted. Big hugs - Kray

I am very concerned in hearing about your numbness and neuropathy. Have you been checked for diabetes or MS. While some degree of tingling and numb feelings can come from fibro, symptoms like yours need a closer look. Have you see a neurologist? If not I would highly suggest you do so and get a second opinion. And ask your family doctor for testing for diabetes. I have a relative with severe neuropathy but she has spinal issues from a bad infection.

Not all symptoms are fibro. You can get other diseases as well. Please go and get checked out again.

By the way welcome to the forum. I am glad you found us and hope you will read through the topics to learn more about this condition as well as, make new friends and find answers to all your questions. Join in and post where-ever you like and vent if you feel the need. Good Luck and come back here often. :)

Yes sweed is right about ruling out other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back