Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/1993
Country
US
State
GA
The problem I see with Fibromyalgia is that it is still not understood why the fibrous muscle tissue forms and continue to build without ever healing.
I believe the nerves that run through these muscle fibers are constantly causing the pain we all feel.
I have had electrical muscle stimulation, acupressure, trigger point injections, accupunture, acupressure massage, tens unit and a chiropractor who tried breaking up fibrous tissue with special technique that I forgot the name of.
All this plus many different opiates.
All these different treatments gave me very temporary relief.
I mean the pain was back within less than 6 hours at most.
We all have a different threshold for pain an how it effects our ability to function doing physical activities.
I personally can't work because of lack of physical functions necessary to do any job that requires any sitting, standing, concentrating, walking, lifting, stretching or bending for more than 1 or 2 hours before the pain and fatigue stops me from continuing for the rest of the day.
There is nothing I do physically that doesn't increase the severe pain I already feel before doing anything.
The more I try to push through the pain physically the worse it gets.
I believe researchers need to focus on why the fibrous tissues form, grow and not heal in patients with Fibromyalgia compared to those people unaffected.
There may be a gene that chemically stimulates the formation of the fibrous tissue. It may be caused by a heightened immune system response.
I unfortunately have to deal with many other medical problems as do many if not all Fiibromalgia sufferer's.
I have Chronic Kidney Disease, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Pressure, Depression/Anxiety
and Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
I know most of us face the stress of dealing with this Illness everyday of our lives.
For those who only face difficulties once in a while, consider yourself blessed.
I wish I would die some nights when the pain is so intense.
It's hard to keep your sanity and a positive life attitude when facing the fact that I will only continue to feel more and more pain and less functionality till I die.
I have tried many natural supplements to help many of my health problems including Fibromyalgia. I have spent a lot of money given that I tried each treatment at least 6 months to see any results. None of them gave me any noticeable relief after treatment.
I pray for all of us suffering to find some relief our difficulties.
For those who do find relief, consider yourself blessed.
Though I face this living nightmare, I still try to reach out to help others whenever possible. This is what I believes keeps my sanity and makes it possible to want to continue my life most of the time.
I wish all of us that feel alone the joy of finding others that understand the reality of what your going through and offer vfriendship and hopefully some companionship.

hi wlangwald....is that what happens in fibromyalgia?

That explains a lot for me as my body has changed so dramatically in the last 6 months and i have gone from a manageable life albeit with more than enough pain to a body that is so rigid with these fibrous knots like you describe building up everywhere restricting my movements and feeling like there is no independence to any movement and that hands pull on wrists that pull on forearms that yanks the elbow joint that has trigger points that are agony,,,then that pulls on upper arms shoulders neck and clavicle

Basically washing up a bowl and plate causes severe pain in all these places!

I keep saying to my family my fibro has changed so much and so suddenly. Your explanation fits me. I cant imagine it staying like this for the rest of my life.

Thank you for reaching out to us with your story and compassion

I wish I had a printer, you hit the nail on the head. Good read. God Bless you, as we wait for a miracle. I personally will be so much more appreciating my new body in HEAVEN. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back