DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2001
Country
Nor
State
Vestfold
Just tossing the question out there

how do you deal with the fatigue, and the tiredness.

i have to say that the pain is so much easier to deal with than the fatigue...

i wish i wasnt sooooo TIRED... there isnt anyway i can describe this feeling... so how do you all deal with it.? any good advice is taken with grattitude

(pardon for any bad english, i am norwegian afterall)

hugz and kisses

U took the word out of my mouth, I've always said give me pain over tiredness any day.
There is nothing you can do but rest.make sure you ask the dr about a nerve blocker they help u get deep sleep.im on amitripolyn.
Us Fibro folk don't go into all stages of sleep ,that why we are so tired .

I take naps, try to pace myself and ultimately just crash sometimes. I try to exercise every day which gives me a boost if I don't do too much. I also take L-carnitine and magnesium malate supplements. It can be frustrating when the day is beautiful and all I can do is just sit in my chair.

I was way more sluggish before I fixed my low vitamin d levels. Also an oral b12 and b complex seem to have helped with energy levels. I'm no sprinter but at least I can function.

Hello Linda74,
The most I can share with you is I do take lots of naps. I'm also on a sleeping pill. I take Trazadone. Sometimes it helps but at the same time there is no way to help when I'm just so tired during the day. When I just feel like there is nothing else I can do I lay down and take a nap. I know a lot of people take B12 and it does help them. It has never helped me. But every person is different.

Hi! I go to bed the same time every night. If I have to take a nap through the day, I do but I try not too. Being tired all of the time and no energy sucks. I can't sleep at night even though I am exhausted all of the time and never feel rested. I take Lorazepam every night to try and get some sleep. I am always up very early in the morning. The pain is very intense in the morning. Sometimes when I am out shopping and if my husband is with me, we have to drop what we are doing and leave as my body will go white and severe exhaustion hits me. I will go home and sleep and I am like that for a few days. The cycle is crazy and very unpredictable. I try to keep as active as possible and exercise is a must.

I just had to pop in on this one. I had what's called beefy tounge, it's a tail tell sign of Anima. My Dr. Gave me a vitamin b shot. It helped the fatigue for a while. I CAN JUST SEE EVERYONE LOOKING AT THEIR TOUNGE NOW. LOL !,, I've Never had animia. So I try to take vitamin b 12 on a regular basis. ALONG WITH OTHERS. I REALLY HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE.

I just had to pop in on this one. I had what's called beefy tounge, it's a tail tell sign of Anima. My Dr. Gave me a vitamin b shot. It helped the fatigue for a while. I CAN JUST SEE EVERYONE LOOKING AT THEIR TOUNGE NOW. LOL !,, I've Never had animia. So I try to take vitamin b 12 on a regular basis. ALONG WITH OTHERS. I REALLY HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE.
Happy Thanksgiving

I have found a good result with D-ribose powder. All brands are NOT equal. Dr. Teitlebaum suggests "Corvalin" (hope I spelled it right), brand, (which I could only find on amazon). I have found the Vitacost brand does just as well. Also I finally capitulated and now take an Rx for sleep. It helps to have more control over the pain if I get some better sleep.

It's starting to drive me nuts at work. I work in the dark (literally, x-ray) and I catch myself dozing off all the time because I am so exhausted.

My Vit D and B12 levels were really low a year ago but those are fixed now with oral Vit D twice a week and injectable B12 twice a month. Unfortunately I don't feel any better on them.

I have found the fatigue and fibro fog is considerably better after having been diagnosed with sleep apnea and fitted for a sleep device this summer. I have moderate sleep apnea so I didn't think it was making my fatigue that much worse than all the years of waking up multiple times per night due to fibromyalgia/interstitial cystitis but it does make it worse! I am wearing a temporary sleep apnea mask at the moment and it totally makes me more alert and able to focus during the day. And I can also distinguish now how much of my fatigue comes from simply battling all pain 24/7. This is a separate fatigue and now I can distinguish the different types since I no longer have sleep apnea. If you think you might have it get it checked out! Because it only makes the fibro worse.....As for the fatigue that comes with the pain I am finding that when I don't take any pain meds I DO get very tired from the pain. So it is a trade off...either I take some pain meds and am less fatigued or I take no meds and I sleep more......Since I don't like taking too much medication I tend to sleep a ton!

Hi all,
I am new to the site but I have dealt with both Severe Fibro and Severe CFS for 11yrs. I too think that the fatigue is worse than the pain sometimes. As I am worried about Christmas,cause I am shot after 4pm. I end up having to lay down and watch TV to rest my body or I get a severe headache. I had to lay down mid day last Christmas and don't want to waste the time with my family. I have tried Super B which helps minimally but does help. I tried B 12, my doc won't do B12 shots as my B12 isn't abnormal. I bought the D-ribose at a GNC store, the most popular one and I didn't notice any difference. I take klonopin for sleep and it worked until I got another Chronic Pain Condition. I am now on trazodone as well. I used to nap in the day but don't have to anymore. If anyone can't sleep at night ask your doc for a sleeping aid. We don't get restorative sleep and that is what keeps this cycle going. I go to bed earlier than I used to which helps keep the napping at bay. There is nothing wrong with a nap as long as it isn't more than an hour, that is what I read from doctors. I was tested for Sleep Apnea and don't have it, but its good to get tested as it will change your sleep patterns. I am getting a new bed as my current memory foam is worn out and I don't sleep well in it. New one has an adjustable base, its not an expensive one, Beauty Rest, I am hoping it will help with the trigger points and allow me to sleep through the night. Oh, I have had to get into one of those motorized carts. I swore I never would, but now I do if I want to grocery shop, when my hubby can't its the only way. Hope this helps

the fatigue is been so hard on me. I think the pain makes me tired too. I cant remember the last time I have had a good nights sleep

I deal with fatique with routines, vitamins and "sofa days booked to calendar".
I eat now low carb food, vitamins D&C&B and magnesium plus Omega3. If I have lot of action in my days, I keep calendar empty after every "action day". I don't book anything to every second weekends etc. Then I can handle all of necessary or want-to-join issues.

(sorry about my English too, not native :) )

i must be the odd one out as i would take fatigue over pain any day. I am no wimp but my pain is 8/10 at best all over and mostly 10/10...simply unbearable.

If i could just do the basics indoors make easy food and read or watch tv or be taken for the odd ride in the car and be able to bear the pain i would cope with life even if i was exhausted much of the time.

I must add i am like all of you.... one of lifes real doers who hates sitting/laying around but for me the pain is completely breaking me down and no meds make much impact.

I wish all you lovely fibro fighters less fatigue and pain in 2016 and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back