Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2013
Country
US
State
MI
I am a seamstress out of my home. I sell stuff on a site for homemade stuff. I don't think I'm supposed to mention the name of the site. I really haven't done very well with it. Perhaps because I chose to start out with drawstring bags but I've graduated to the Vera Bradley type purses and totes, blankets, pillow covers, beach towels and children's costumes. I made a costume for a little girl that I was a nanny for and I listed it on that site. Ka--boom! I got swamped with orders! :) Now that I am back working at the sewing machine, my shoulders, neck and upper back are hurting. Perhaps I don't have good enough posture. I do have to lean in close. Anyway, I just have to take more breaks.
I am so excited though. I have sold more in two weeks than I have EVER in the 3 years I've been part of that site.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Wow well done Cheryl Ann what an achievement. I hope your body holds up... take good care and lots of breaks and hot soaks at the end of the day. It must be great to feel useful and have a purpose. Brill!

Wow well done Cheryl Ann what an achievement. I hope your body holds up... take good care and lots of breaks and hot soaks at the end of the day. It must be great to feel useful and have a purpose. Brill!

Hi Willow,
Yes! It does feel good to contribute to the household income and it feels wonderful to create. I thought the same thing that you said, I hope my body holds out. Luckily, I have a friend who is going to help me this weekend. Yay!
And yes, I have been trying to take breaks between each step for each pair of wings. I feel happy and fulfilled again. I hope it lasts.
Since I cannot soak in a tub without having my husband pull me out, I will take hot showers and do foot soaks/rubs.

I hope you've been doing well.

Peace,
Cheryl Ann :)

Congradulations! JOY COMES IN THE MORNING. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I have sold more in two weeks than I have EVER in the 3 years I've been part of that site.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I just wanted to correct an error. I thought it must have been at least two weeks in which I received all those orders but it was actually only EIGHT DAYS. Wow! I have only received two more orders but I think I better put a kabosh on selling more for now. My hands were pretty sore on Wednesday but so was the rest of my body... perhaps it was from the rain we got that night? or more likely a combination of the two. I have 2 shipped and 15 to go.
I'm still excited and can hardly think of anything else except for getting these done and out in time for Christmas.

Peace :)

Cheryl Ann,

Happy for you! When I sew, I use the Thermacare around the top of the shoulders heating, sticky pads. They last 8 hours and help keep things from getting so tight. Also for the hands, I use either Arnica cream or a combo of comfry and white willow creams rubbed generously on my hands.

Blessings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back