Status
Not open for further replies.
Does fibromalagia gets better if you leave in a tropical climate like geensland? Woul the symptoms improve my fog is realy bad lije demented t times ,
I am fully disabled need a help unable tolook after myself and never theless the kids only 42.I suffer severe pain cant sleep suffersevere fatigue fog ,I developed chronic fatigue diarea , aldunia,and severe pain all over my body. I WONDER IF I MOVE TO TROPIVSL CLIMATE AND IFBMAKES ANY DIFFERENCE. .

I

A "Smart Pill", works some

My doctor prescribed Modafinil 200mg which is a "Smart Pill". The movie "Limitless" is loosely based on this synthetic drug. Although it helps it does not provide benefits as seen in the movie or show. I was disappointed in that. But anything that helps with fog and fatigue I will take!

Vitamin b 12, ginkgo biolba. Herbal. Some days for me, I have to rest the whole day. Most importantly, not feel guilty about it. But...... I don't work outside the home.

It depends a lot on where you are vitamin wise at a base... If you get in at some point to a GP/PCP get them to run basic vitamin + CBC panel + 3-4 of the thyroid panel [TSH, T3, T4, there is another but I forget I think it is linked to hashimotos] + diabetes screening [fasting] if you haven't had one in a while. It's good even if your access to docs is limited to get basic tests when you can. If you have joint pain in multiple joints I also suggest you get a rheumatoid panel once in a while, even though it isn't definitive or diagnostic necessarily.

I have heard but have not experienced relief as some have from these:
B6, MTHFR related metabolizing problem for this, so some find supplementation help, some have linked B6 deficiency to depression and there is a "prescription" version in the US now for this that costs about 10-15x more then just buying the supplement. *Note: I have heard reports from one or more [thanks cog fog] that this can induce mania or psychosis in some very very rarely - the person who reported this was dx bipolar before. I haven't tried this personally yet.

CoQ10, Some people have luck with certain forms of this, a lot of people into mitochondrial dysfunction are into this. I have taken it and not noticed much difference with it, I personally stopped because I'm hoping to get in for a tilt table test (for POTS) soon and have heard it can interfere- do not know how true this is.

B12, pernicious anemia, some people even with normal levels of B12 in the blood have reported they felt better getting high dose shots of this from their docs but that has been banned in some states now, personally it (reg tablets/sublinguals) doesn't make a difference for me and my levels are normal- but if you have a deficiency (P. Anemia) you can get plaques on your brain among other nasty stuff so it's worth getting this checked once in a while... It's said vegetarians/vegans are more likely to have this, but I have found it's pretty common in the general population as well.

I am more wary of herbs then I am vitamins honestly, unless they are very well recognized as safe like culinary herbs [ginger, mint, tumeric]. You might want to look into the blog "fed up with fatigue" I think she may have listed some things for fog somewhere once.

bear with me, migraine is making it hard to think..... Tony, did you mean too much glucose? adrenaline does nothing to your body to CHANGE it... heres what happens when you have too much insulin, therefore low glucose (blood sugar) levels, the release of epinephrine aka adrenaline occurs to signal you that something is wrong, it doesnt DO anything, like raise or lower your levels.... alcohol can lower blood glucose greatly, and i wouldnt advise that if you have too much insulin in ya, to drink... not eating? id suggest going high protein and fat, low carb and obvi no sugar, instead of not eating at all...

sorry, im a non diabetic hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemic with reactive hypoglycemia as well, so that caught my eye... many do experience "brain fog" when their blood glucose is too high, or low...

I've been in a whole routine that seems to be helping. But if that doesn't work for me I plan to at least get my stomach working so I can drink a bottle of wine and forget that I forget! Lol
Omega is good and I believe ginkgo is supposed to help with memory.
Sounds good to me!

Fibrofog is so difficult, it has alot of variables.For me, it cycles around my pain spikes.When my muscle, and nerve problems flair, it is WAY worse.You gotta get sleep, drink Alot of water, eat well.Blood sugar is important, and watch out for too many carbs.I would recommend damiana, it is a nerve tonic, it is something you have to take caution with mental health meds though.Start with a small dose, most natural food stores have it.We have it at hannaford locally.You can take it up to 3times a day.It tastes bad, it also helps blood sugar, hint, hint.If your pain is more under control, you will have less signals to fight through to be "present"good luck

This is maybe a stupid answer, but it's not drug induced. :) Personally one of my favorite ways of dealing with the fog is playing games - if you have an android phone, just find a game you really like and make it be one that you have to pay attention to - and one that maybe you need to do something at certain times. I'm not going to suggest games here because I'm sure that would go against the rules of the board, but they're easy to find.

I think that is a good idea, anything that can keep you occupied if you are having a flare can have a good effect.Sometimes you need to give yourself a break from the constant effects of fibro.Unless you have it you can't understand.

My neurologist has me using games on my tablets for my fog. I have better luck with them some days then others. I also make sure that I stick to a routine (if I very from it I get lost). I also write down things that are important in a notebook. I also have to write down Dr appt, automatic bill payments and when the rent check is mailed or I will forget. I have fog all the time and I have problems finding the right words when I am talking. I also have problems getting sentences out correctly. I will have something to say to someone and I can tell from the look on there faces that it is not coming out correctly. It is just something I have had to get used to.

I use auto shut off appliances, like a toaster oven, tea kettle and an induction cook top. Its great that I dont have to be concerned about burning the place down. My bill payments are automated also.

I need to put a flag up on my car though. I think I spend more time looking for it in the lot, then doing the errands themselves

Tissue breakdown, first time ive heard that about fibro. I just had a scan and the one thing that showed up was tissue breakdown on my neck. SON OF A GUN!

There's some good apps for iPhone and Android to help keep organized, scheduled and to do lists. They help me keep track of myself. I usually use something simple like Google's Notes; a simple checklist that I can refer to and "check off" things as I complete them. It helps me get things done and gives me a positive feeling each time I accomplish something no matter how simple.

My doctor prescribed Modafinil 200mg which is a "Smart Pill". The movie "Limitless" is loosely based on this synthetic drug. Although it helps it does not provide benefits as seen in the movie or show. I was disappointed in that. But anything that helps with fog and fatigue I will take!

Would it trigger PD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back