Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2017
Country
UK
State
Scotland
I've not posted in a while, it's been a bit hectic at home and work. Does anyone else have jerks in their hands when using them? If I'm typing at work or like just now writing this message on my iPad my hand involuntarily jerks and makes me click on this I'm meaning to or hit the wrong letters on my keyboard at work. It's not painful, just annoying. It doesn't happen every time but seems to happen more frequently now. When I had an ultrasound of my hands previously it was noted on the scan that one of the nerves in my wrist (ulnar I think) was divided so I don't know if that's something to do with it. I don't see my rheumatologist until September so wondered if anyone else had experienced this.

I know this is going to sound too cliche and a bit annoying, but can you rule out 'stress' as the cause of these strange hand jerks? I am only mentioning it because you started your post saying things have been hectic. I can only talk from personal experience, but often stress (damn, I do hate that word, because it is used way too often, for everything) can creep up on you. It could be a way for your body to say 'enough, need to rest now'.

It could also be the meds. I know when I was on the classic fibro meds, my hands and feet were acting up real strangem jerking, restless, shaking. Once I stopped taking them, I was back to normal.

Or it could simply be fibro - I blame fibro for my weird hand shakes and jerks. Beginning of the year my hands started going weird again. It was not an every day, all day thing. But it made my life really difficult. (I could not even type in my pin code at the cashier's - a place where I am already quite anxious. Then I tried paying in cash, but that was even worse with cash flying all over the place because my hands were acting up - so for a time I stopped going to stores all together!) Combined with numbness/tingling in my feet, I was referred to a neurologist, got a brain MRI, it came back clear, and the doctor simply said it was 'stress' and that I should see a shrink. (!!!)

Now it comes and goes - as with most things, I simply have to accept it, otherwise the anxiety gets to me.

But in your case, it could really be the nerves in your wrists - our hands are very fragile parts of our bodies, and we depend on them all the time, so I would definitely have that checked out, if I were you.

I am also curious whether anyone else here has the same problem as well. Is it fibro, or is it something else? The never-ending question!

All the best!

Thanks for your reply Vicky. My life is always pretty hectic and work is really stressful, not the best for fibro! It possibly could be stress related. It's really annoying but I think I'll just wait and ask my rheumatologist when I see him in September unless anyone else has experienced the same thing & can offer any advice. Thanks again. x

I had this while on Cymbalta. Now that I am off of it, all jerking movements have ceased.

Happens to me all the time.its fibro my friend,and u can get it anywhere on your body.

Yes, it happens all the time. I don't think it's stress just another wonderful gift of fibro.

I agree, There's so many strange things that can occur when you have fibro. In the beginning whenever something like this would happen, I would stress out that something really really major was wrong but now I just chalk it up to fibro. Not that fibro isn't something that's major. I get the hand jerks and leg jerks and shoot sometimes I just feel horrible and I'm a jerk!

Yep. I've been having shaky hands, and jerky twitches in not just my hands, but a bunch of random places. I think it's a Fibro thing but made worse by stress or medication (I'm also on cymbalta).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back