Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2015
Country
US
State
NC
Hello all! I am a 28 yo female and have just recently been diagnosed with FMS and MPS. I have been in a chronic state of pain for the last 2.5 years and, as many of you know, it's been a long ride to get a diagnosis. I have seen a PCP, orthopedist, neurologist and pain management doctor. I finally ended up seeing my mom's neurologist who ultimately diagnosed me with FMS. I have some spinal problems too. I have been diagnosed with the following so far: DDD, occipital neuralgia, FMS, MPS, herniated discs, migraines, etc. At one point the orthopedist thought I had Ankylosing Spondylitis but never gave the diagnosed because the blood work came back negative. My PCP just referred me to a rheumy but I called and asked how they treated fibro and they said they send you to a pain clinic. The last pain doc just wanted to inject me and didn't take me seriously. It seems as if a lot of docs think it's not possible for young people to have chronic pain. So frustrating!

I am new to this forum and would like to get to know some of you so I can have a community who understands my pain...

meh...well done!

You are welcome! I am 28 years old too, you may read my story in "What did you do when you find you have fibromyalgia".
Hugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back