Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
PA
Hello all - I'm new to the forum and was hoping for a little bit of insight...I have a lot of the pain, aching, headaches, sensitivities, etc. that seems to go along with Fibro, and I do see that IBS and stomach problems are also general symptoms but I am wondering about other's experiences with this?

I seem to have bloating A LOT - to the point of my weight fluctuating (I'm hoping it is fluctuating and not staying here). Does this happen to anyone else? Sometimes my body just feels different, like I don't even recognize it. Does that make sense? I feel like I'm crazy a lot of the time. I've been having a really rough week with all of this and my stomach has been giving me a lot of trouble. I've also been diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis, which seems to bloat me as well. I just don't know what to think with my body sometimes...

Any help is appreciated!

Hi EmmaLVee
Welcome to the forum i can assure all the members will try there best to help you out and connect with you. sorry you been having such a yucky week i been having one of those as well. i noticed with fibro my weight is EXTREMELY sensitive so it does fluctuate unfortunately. it has alot to do with having a bad week or a good week because when your having a bad week your not in motion alot versus when you have a good week you can move around some. since i've had fibro i gained between 15-20 lbs the only reason why im not totally freaking out about it is because im 5'8 and was coming from 120ish however i would like to go back to the 130 area so i been healthy eating since exercise is not as easy as doctors claim it is. Also it can also be the med they put you on can also play a big part as well. I found detox tea and some other natural remedies can reduce the bloat and the fluctuation and good ol water to flush out the body still working on that myself. All the other symptoms your having definitely sound to be fibro. Anyways i feel like im rambling but hope this helped you some. Gentle Hugs

Yup, I actually went the ER two weeks b4 getting my fibro diagnost due to the pain, vomiting, my stomach so swollen I thought it was going to pop! I've always taken fiber and magnissium to help with ibs, but it wasn't helping. My ruemotologist said it wasn't uncommon with fibro patients, but please check with your doc.

Thank you both! My weight seems to be sensitive as well, which is yet another thing that SUCKS about this condition. I'll definitely look for the detox tea and some natural remedies, appreciate the suggestion. I'm also going to try to avoid the scale, even though that's hard to do! I have to remember that it's more important to take care of myself than worry about a number. I just feel like I've lost control of so much of my body - and the outer part is one thing I don't want to have to contend with as well. It sounds petty. :|

And so sorry to hear you were in the ER, Eyesup, hope you are doing better?

No worries Emma, You will come back down to your normal weight once your fibro is controlled like i said just eating a healthy diet and drinking some water and shakes should do the trick. Avoiding the scale is good for now because i dont want you discouraging yourself it will put you in a funk, and there will also be times you will be in so much pain you cant eat at all then you'll be under weight. you just have to find a balance thats all

YES I do ! and I know 2 live people who have fibromyalgia and disgestion and bloating issues.

I've read and seen on TV that this is caused by intestinal yeast and/or not taking having the right balance of intestinal yeast.

I discovered this after my fibromyalgia flares happened after putting garlic powder on my food.

I researched this and I read Garlic powder and coconut oil kill intestinal yeast and the die off causes chemicals and pain.

I took enzymes for a while but it didn't help much.

My bloating is much better these days because I did the garlic and coconut oil, and after I took probiotic pills but when the bloating returned...
and 2 months ago I started to take Kefir but the first few days I had huge FM and intestinal upset then it got better.

Your bloating is connected to your fibromyalgia IMO.

Thank you! Do you make a specific type of shake? I'm looking at Amazon for some "super food" stuff to maybe throw in smoothies?

It is all about finding a balance - there are a lot of ups and downs (tons of downs) with this. I truly appreciate you taking the time!

Hi Marcus, I read somewhere else about the intestinal yeast...interesting? I suppose a lot of us have the wrong balance of it? I have CoQ10 at home - I wonder if that would help as well?

Does anyone steer clear of anything specific? I seem to like the wrong things.

It makes me feel better to know I'm not alone, but it sucks to know that it's probably a lifelong thing. Sending everyone good thoughts. :smile:

Help for yeast: noni, all natural organic juice or powder. It both chelates mold and kills parasite (mold is a fungus, fungus/candidiasis is considered by many to be parasitic) Both have been considered causes of fibromyalgia)I do not have time to write a lot at the moment ,I plan to put my research, recent experiences and experiments into a blog but was wanting to make sure things weren't just counsadental but it appears that some force is telling me sooner then later might be a good idea.

For now, PLEASE if you have time read my posts today in Moe1959 "mold" it will also refer you to another post along with believe it or not, a reply I gave in "I played ball with my dog today"!
If my battery doesn't go dead, I'm going now to post my first, very short blog. It may or may not be helpful.

Marcus, I found your comment about Garlic very interesting as I had just started on a high dose of garlic and looking back that's when my severe muscle pain started. Perhaps another dot connected. Maybe I unknowingly "ran" yeast and parasites out if my gut and into other fatty areas. Hmm...
Uhg. Battery is going. I will charge up and blog done tonight.

Oh, and yes Emma steer clear of greasy/fried food first, sugar/diary second

Last edited:
I seem to have bloating A LOT - to the point of my weight fluctuating (I'm hoping it is fluctuating and not staying here). Does this happen to anyone else? Sometimes my body just feels different, like I don't even recognize it. Does that make sense? I feel like I'm crazy a lot of the time. I've been having a really rough week with all of this and my stomach has been giving me a lot of trouble. I've also been diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis, which seems to bloat me as well. I just don't know what to think with my body sometimes...

Any help is appreciated!

I am getting the very same thing! Lately I bloat a lot, I also suffer from IBS (plus colitis). Since 2014 I started to notice that :( Does this happen to you after eating? For me it's usually after lunch, some days are good some are bad... to the point I look pregnant and yes I have also noticed weight fluctuations, weight differences as big as 2 - 5 kilos! It's awful :(

I am also getting the runs after eating anything with a little or a lot fat and diary. I am suspecting I suffer from the leaky gut syndrome, even the extreme bloating... it could be a candida overgrowth... gosh, the human body is so complicated. What is your diet like?

I have IC and from the day it started i woke up with what i thought was a urinary tract infection anda bloated stomach with lots of gas/reflux.

I had never suffered with any of these things. It turned out not to be a UTI but interstitial cystitis ( see my post under hands up in chronic pain by forgetmenot).

Now when my IC is really bad i frequently get the bloating too,...amazing how much your tummy can blow up!

I also think maybe yeast is involved as i regret so much taking a course of antibiotics last year which were not essential...since then i have had more bloating and digestion problems.

Its very confusing with diet as we need a certain amount of dairy for bone and teeth health as its a great source of calcium.

Its so true the human body is so complicated. When it's functioning well we give it no thought...but boy can it go wrong in so many ways!

Hi Trellum! Bloating definitely happens to me after eating - it can look like a pregnancy belly for me as well. I've just started to hear about leaky gut syndrome (I wasn't familar with it before) and I think I may be suffering from it as well. But what worries me is that my bloating can also occur right when I wake up, which is where the IC and Fibro come in...when my bladder hurts (it's been pretty bad all week), my stomach just sticks out so uncomfortably. And since I've been diagnosed with Fibro and begun to understand and "get used" to my body (I use that phrase loosely), bloating, weight fluctuations and fluid retention just seem to be huge parts of it for me. And then when you throw in the IC, it makes it much worse. The human body is too strange - and when it's fighting against you, which it seems to be doing for us in a lot of ways, it's exhausting.

My diet is a lot of veggies, fruits, yogurt, cereal, stuff like that. What is your diet like?

And Willow - I've never found someone who has the same thing as I do - IC, fibro, bloating, all of that - I feel for you!!! I'll look up your post now.

Hi EmmaLVee; I made a typo I meant having the right balance of gut bacteria.
I don't think we are supposed to have intestinal yeast or very little but sugar is supposed to make it grow
and anti biotics (Willow mentions this above).

The CoQ10 is for heart energy but some of it is made with yeast as a base.

I do believe in the leaky gut theory as being one cause of our FM.

Hi Eyesup: Thanks...

It was about 4 years ago that I had a huge FM attack after putting garlic poiwder on rice.
I then read online and this led me to the intestinal yeast connection.

This past winter I was dumping a lot of garlic powder on my food and for once I had no cold over the winter.

Just because Garlic powder is causing pain doesn't mean it's the problem because from what I read it's just killing off parasites and yeast.

I started Kefir (a kind of probiotic yogurt) and that first week my intestines were going trough some clean up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back