DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2017
Country
UK
State
Scotland
Hi

I've only just joined the group & really need a good kick up the backside to snap me out of this low mood!

I've not been formally diagnosed with fibro yet, after going over my symptoms & finding so many tender points my rheumatologist said it was a possibility. I also have hypermobility syndrome which accounts for some of the symptoms and pain but definitely not all of it. On reading up about fibro it all seems to make sense now the way I've been feeling but without a formal diagnosis, I'm left in limbo with no-one understanding just how tough simple, everyday tasks are. I feel like all I do is moan and that everything is such a battle. Today is the worst I've ever felt but the soonest I can see my rheumatologist is April! My sister has just gone through gruelling treatment for breast cancer & I feel that what I'm going through is nothing in comparison to the year she's had but living with pain every single day is so awful!

Sorry for moaning, today isn't a great day!

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas.

Lou

HI Lou38 I'm not going to give you a kick I'm going to say welcome ans dont be so hard on yourself....fibro may not be life threatening but it is life altering and in some cases life stealing.

Its draining living in constant and ever changing pain....its hurts our minds as well as our bodies.....its hard to stay positive all the time and its harder still if you have or are stuck in long flares.

We all moan...sometimes more sometimes less sometimes to our families...some times in side our own heads....come here and moan to us all you like!

No one will judge you and hopefully some one will always be there pretty soon with a reply and you will feel less alone with this beast of a disease no ne can see or feel only us.

I am in the UK too...try ringing your consultants secretary or the bookings department and ask them to call you if the doctor gets a cancellation...April is ages.....you could easily get an appointment much sooner if they get to know you are available at fairly short notice.....make a nuisance of yourself so the secretary or clerk thinks of you the minute someone cancels.

Take care and wishing you a better New Year with a treatment that will ease the pain...in the meantime hot water bottles...warm bath or shower lots of rest and gentle exercise of whatever you can manage even if its just a walk around the garden or road you live in.

Hi Lou,

Sorry you're having such a rough day, and don't feel bad about complaining. We all need to vent our emotions some days. Especially with this condition and living with pain every single day as you said. A lot of mornings I find it hard just getting out of bed. I have to lay there, roll around, stretch, feel my muscles, assess how much pain I'm in and then do the same thing when I stand up before walking to the bathroom. I don't know if you're already on any meds, but as far as over the counter I find Aleeve works the best.

Also, even though your sister had cancer I don't believe you can compare some situations like illnesses and pain. Everyone's perception of pain and illness is different. Even two people with the same type of cancer can. go through it in the exact same way and perceive it differently, but that doesn't mean one person had it worse off than the other. They both had a horrible illness. You and your sister are both living in pain. You both perceive it differently. If you want to complain and feel bad for one day that is your right. Tomorrow you can pick yourself back up :)

Thanks For your reply Brandi

I'm currently taking Codipar, Amitriptyline, Naproxen and am also taking meds for vitamin d deficiency which have all been prescribed. The Amitriptyline helps me get off to sleep but the pain is there all night and I wake up often through the night, come the morning I'm still knackered & sore & the whole thing starts all over again! Most of the time I just soldier on & don't let it get to me.

Thanks again

Im so sorry your Sister has cancer, best thoughts, prayers, sending your way. Remember STRESS makes Fibro worse. If theres anything I could say its "AVOID DRAMA"."

There will always be someone a lot worse off then you.that does not mean you should bottle up the way your feeling.pain everyday is tough.when every waking moment is dealt with pain,then your life is as tough as anyone else's.
Here you can moan,shout have a mini tantrum if you want.have a full blown one.hehe.we do understand.you don't need a badge to get in this club.we welcome anyone who is in pain.x

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply.

It makes such a difference speaking to other people who understand, no-one else possibly can unless they too have experienced this!

Lou
X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back