Not open for further replies.

mdm1218

Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
Nebraska
:shock: Does anyone have trouble with their eyesight or focusing?

I am having more trouble everyday. Some of my vision issues might be from the muscle relaxer I must take 3 times a day and there have been times when my pain is so great that it affects my vision, but I am growing a bit concerned.

I'm going to invest in either glasses or contact lenses before this coming summer. I just hope the visual disturbances are not an artifact of my neck problems.

Nerve compression can alter everything.

I do. When i was working i had a slight script for glasses because of looking at a computer all day. I had tired eyes. I don't need them anymore since im not working. Watching tv is hard sometimes. Particulary when the whole screen shot is moving or when the camera changes focus from forground to background. It actually hurts my eyes. I have to look away. And i dont even bother with the movie theater anymore. As uncomfortable as the seats can be, watching a movie that large is harder to deal with. Then there is the migrane. I tend to get them more often as time has gone by. And they will effect my eyes every time.
Have you been to an eye doc? Before paying hundreds of dollars on prescription lenses, try those cheep ones at the drug store. I found the 1.25 were very close to my script.

Since this fibro has taken over my life I developed double vision in both eyes. This makes reading and writing very hard to do without my glasses which are prism full. I too can not watch action movies where there is a lot of explosions or car wreaks. I have weakness and tired eyes, that I need to put artifical tears in because they become so dry.

My first eye problem was seeing the tv screen light square moving around the room, when I shifted my gaze from the tv to the walls or next room. If I closed my eyes the image would linger there as well. Next was very funny but scary as well. I saw big blue bird foot tracks running across the floor and up a wall and on the ceiling at my place of work. Not really there, but I saw it and it lasted several minutes. I was alone and so I know it was not a trick being played on me. When I told my doctor he just laughed.

I figured something was messing with the vision areas of my brain. I had MRI's & CT scans done, but was told nothing was up there. LOL So that's what the problem is! lol :)

I've always had eyesight issues, since I was a girl, but when I was a teen I had a laser surgery. Now my eyes get super dry, and my eyes are super tired because I spent too much time sitting in front of the PC writing :( I think my eyesight is worsening, my boyfriend promised to buy me new glasses, but at this speed I think I'll most likely need a pair of new eyes :p

Be sure to go to the drug store and buy eyedrops called artifical tears and use them often. For some reason staring at a computer screen can dry out your eyes fast. By using the eye drops several times a day they will keep your eyes moist cutting down on the dry eye and ricks of infections. Take time away from the computer as well and rest your eyes, that should make your eyes feel better and not be so tired. :)

On Lyrica, I found that I had a lot of trouble focusing and my vision was blurry.
On no drugs, I found that I started having almost like a fog that would come in from both sides, if I was focusing on something -- like reading dense print,even big but a long paragraph, or trying to make out something in the distance. I don't have great vision to begin with, though, so chalked it up to that.
So far on Cymbalta, I haven't had either problem.

Since this fibro has taken over my life I developed double vision in both eyes. This makes reading and writing very hard to do without my glasses which are prism full. I too can not watch action movies where there is a lot of explosions or car wreaks. I have weakness and tired eyes, that I need to put artifical tears in because they become so dry.

My first eye problem was seeing the tv screen light square moving around the room, when I shifted my gaze from the tv to the walls or next room. If I closed my eyes the image would linger there as well. Next was very funny but scary as well. I saw big blue bird foot tracks running across the floor and up a wall and on the ceiling at my place of work. Not really there, but I saw it and it lasted several minutes. I was alone and so I know it was not a trick being played on me. When I told my doctor he just laughed.

I figured something was messing with the vision areas of my brain. I had MRI's & CT scans done, but was told nothing was up there. LOL So that's what the problem is! lol :)

Having an after image from the television is normal and especially noticeable when watching television in a darkened room. The double vision, though, is something I have only experienced a couple of times. Other disturbances can be attributed to floaters, which are also normal.

Your blue footprint can be another after image. How well lit wast the room you saw the footprint in?

Be sure to go to the drug store and buy eyedrops called artifical tears and use them often. For some reason staring at a computer screen can dry out your eyes fast. By using the eye drops several times a day they will keep your eyes moist cutting down on the dry eye and ricks of infections. Take time away from the computer as well and rest your eyes, that should make your eyes feel better and not be so tired. :)

Thanks you so much for the advice :) You're so sweet! But sadly, I already use eyedrops :( My eyes get extra tired thanks to the laser surgery I had (not the best idea when you start facing the side effects). I also think I have some sort of allergy (it happens every year), I treated it, but it didn't vanish completely :( I will have to go see the doctor again, but yeah the computer screen is the worst thing for our eyes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back