Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
Does anyone else do just about anything to avoid stress? I have to hide in my own house. My Blood pressure is high and can fwwl the effects when there's fighting yelling or any anger around me. Then I'm labeled weak.

I try to avoid stress at all costs but can not escape it. My husband and I are both retired and together day and night and he is driving me crazy. I am the one doing all the yelling and screaming. My blood pressure is also high but my doctor hasn't put me on anything for it. He had me on Cymbalta for depression and high blood pressure and then took me off of it and put me on another depression medication for depression which doesn't work and it is not meant for fibro so right now I am not even on anything for my fibro. I was just telling my husband the next time my doctor asks me if I am suicidal I am going to tell him I might be because no one is helping me get my issues solved. We have been working on trying to find a proper medication for my depression for 10 months now and no luck. I also have been trying to find a psychiatrist that will take me as a patient and take my insurance as well but no luck with that either. So yea, I am working my way towards being suicidal. My doctor suggests I go to the emergency room. WTF good is that going to do. They will probably just lock me up in the looney bin and make me pay my $250.00 deductible. God, I just don't know where to turn anymore.

I have a lower tolerance for stress now. Stress from things that I can do something about doesn't bother me so much, but stress + helplessness = pain

I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time Krista. I hope you are able to find help and relief soon.

Dear Krista...you need help and it may be in your best interest to commit yourself. Now I know that sounds horrible but it worked for my mom. If you make a big enough stink and "lose it" on the doctors and staff in a psych ward believe me they stand up and pay attention. Especially if you even suggest suicide. I live in Canada and it works here...I don't know if it would work there. Please do whatever it takes to get people to stand up and take you seriously. It is such a long process finding doctors and a medicine cocktail that works. Don't give up. XOXO

Moe1959...if we could only have the magic button to turn stress off. I am sorry you are going through such a tough time. XOXO

Stress has destroyed my life...fibro plus stress that is unresolvable in your own mind if you are super sensitive in my view pushes fibro to a whole new level.

If other people could feel what we feel and they might sit up and stop causing us the stress/conflict we try so hard to avoid. I too cant bear arguements or any bad feeling going on around me or feeling that on top of doing my absolute best to be normal my family and friend all have an opinion on what i should be doing ..trying when the bad days take over my body.

Hugs to all and krista i so hope you get some help some where.

Guys and gals...my 2nd and current husband has taught me a very valuable asset in dealing with other people no matter who they are.

If they are not a positive and upbuilding force, again, no matter who they are...CUT THEM THE F&^K LOOSE!

I used to be so concerned about what everyone thought, it was pathetic when I look back. But at the time I felt that I was just being nice. Since meeting my current husband and putting into practice what he drilled into me, I am so much happier and way less stressed. I still have stress but it is over my families health, aging parents, stuff like that.

Anyways, I wanted to share because it helped me to control at least one aspect of my health and if it could help you it was worth sharing.

thanks Nexi x

I will. I do almost anything to avoid stress.
The stress makes me feel so much worse, both pain and fatique.

I just got first doctor taken me seriously with fibro. After 4years!!
So, my only way to handle life has been avoid stress and "take it easy".
Avoiding stress has almost became my middle name...

Take care moe1959 and Krista(!!) - don't give up!!

So sorry for the stress you are experiencing! I am very fortunate in my situation because though stress affects me really badly, I have a pretty supportive and peaceful environment and good doctors. Finances worry me, and my brain fog leads to a real sense of worthlessness. I recommend a book called Mind and Emtions by Matthew McKay. It teaches some very useful skills for dealing with several unhealthy thought and behavior patterns. I got it in ebony edition. Also dogs - I recommend dogs for stress relief! ����

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Krista!

There are many things you can do to help yourself, little things that together may help you quite a bit. Have you had your vitamin D checked? You have to ask to have this blood test done. Low vitamin D can make you hurt more. It is also important for illnesses,(like cancer). A heating pad is my best friend. Magnesium Malate is very important too, it helps with stress and relaxes muscles. Regular sleep schedule, drink LOTS of water, it takes 6-8 weeks to properly hydrate your muscles, (learned it from a nurse that has FM). PACE, pace, pace. As far as exercise goes, just a 20 minute walk will help. Of course there are warm water therapies and on and on, but I don't live near town and don't have the extra $. You could try hot bath/shower, even adding a "bath bomb" in a soothing scent. If showering, you just put it on the floor in the shower.

This is a very painful time for me, but distractions also help too. Lastly, I am helped tremendously by God. If not for his mercy and love I would not be here today.

So Krista, we are here, supporting and praying for you. Please take care, I know how it can feel that you are loosing your mind and no one is helping. But soon now you will be helped. Yes things have changed for you, but you will adapt eventually.

Gentle hugs

What a lovely bunch of people you all are.....i am struggling to feel pretty desperate and come here every day to read and if possible support others .

You are all truly the bravest of people and i wish everyone better days and enough strength to keep their sanity in this mad muddle of an illness and all it throws at us.

Willow, are you okay? I agree with you...but you seem not your normal self.

This disease is something that changes how we feel mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically minute by minute. Whatever it takes any one of us to make it to the next minute, well great. Some days just reading how others are making the same struggles day in, day out, fills that feeling that we are all alone in this battle. Remember, you are not alone.

Hi Nexi thanks for asking...you are right i am struggling and have been for a some time. Hey ho i am getting used to this non life life ...its been so long since i had a better day. It was 30th July the last time i went out of the house so its tough.

I know its not just me though many people are stuck at home or in bed..i am like so many and being busy defined my self worth and fulfillment.

I am not a reading...film watching kind of person i am a put the radio on dance around cleaning the house...work in the garden ....walk in the countyside kind of person.

Now i cant walk to the end of my little road.. i keep trying but fail and then end up with injuries knees hips which is crazy and a new level of fibro for me deteriorating more and more.

I keep bargaining with god that i will give up this or that in my body but please let me be able to walk a bit or stand long enough to potter in my garden but he's not on my team at the moment!

Awww Sweetpea!!! Hugs and kisses your way !!!

I understand and you know that God is on your side...he doesn't want to see us like this. One day all will be fixed. In the meantime, do you happen to listen to audio books?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back