Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
AU
State
QLD
I have two beautiful children (4 and 2) After my second child was born (both csections) I started getting awful pain in my right lower abdomen, sometimes what felt like cervical twinges. I ignored it for awhile thinking it was just my body adjusting to having children. I went back to work and started hiking and playing soccer again and things were ok. I was still regularly taking over the counter pain relief but it was manageable but things have been progressively getting worse. The pain can be so bad some days that I cannot walk let alone pick the children up. I live with a heat pack attached to my belly and on round the clock pain killers. I have had three ultrasounds which showed nothing and numerous blood tests. I did have pneumonia shortly before the pain got worse and was hospitalised for that and then had the HIB bacteria hang around for what seemed like an eternity (and to be honest probably still is because I am still coughing up sputum). But no doctor has ever been able to find an explanation for the pain.

Since my teens I've had headaches and migraines which are lessened with codeine. But I've noticed lately when I get them I also have speech symptoms where I will mix up all my words, drop words or slur. It can be so frustrating.

I was searching pain relief methods today when I came across Fibromyalgia and realised that my symptoms all fit. Now I wouldn't (and nor would my doctor) considered I have depression but I can have depressive moods because It is incredibly hard to be living off pain relief and have two toddlers. I am on more pain relief now than I did after a csection! and that for me rings alarm bells.

My doctor has never suggest Fibromyalgia but we had been more focused on checking my reproductive organs and appendix because I generally go to him when the pain is more localised and severe.

Symptoms wise.

I have terrible sleeping patterns. I "go" to bed at 9pm every night. I have two toddlers so If I don't go to sleep they will wake me up bright and early and it will be so much harder. So I either lay down at 9 and ponder life until mid morning or I take a sleeping tablet around 7pm and fall asleep by 9. I can only do this when I don't have the kids though because I really really fall asleep and worried I wouldn't wake up if they needed me.
I feel tired pretty much all day everyday and have to nap after shopping trips or big events.

Considering two years ago I was working full time and climbing mountains it seems so far away from that now.

IBS- I had noticed but had ignored that my body goes from hard-soft-hard-soft and it's not food related. I know some medicines can cause it so I just ignored it.

I am sensitive to noises, sometimes lights especially on bad pain days, most medications (I have to trial medications with another adult present, even the mini pill led me to hospital).

I have bad anxiety at the moment but I believe that is because I feel hopeless and a little bit lost. I find directing myself to focus on the positives (I'm spending this time studying and with my kids) helps but I also really miss being able to do the things I love.

I have been experiencing memory loss quiet significantly again more so on pain days. I will be at the shopping centre and forget why I was there, or where I parked my car. And this is not a normal occurrence for me.

I'm just wanting to know whether I should pursue other doctors and try and get a Fibromyalgia Diagnosis.

Welcome, well my dear I'd say go back to your Dr and say the f word ,ask him if u have fibro. I'd also tell him u need something to help you sleep that's not a sleeping pill.poor sleep means pain.brain fog and depression.
Im on amitriptyline for nerve pain and sleep. You see the sleep you need which I'm sure you no is in stages and ppl with pain illness don't go in to all of them. So a sleeping pill don't help at all.
Sure it can make u feel tired but u do get used to it I promise.
Pls ask the Dr about fibro as u do sound like u have it to me.

Thanks Forgetmenot,
I'm not the biggest fan of our GP he is amazing with the kids and so understanding of our concerns but he generally palms off anything about us. He was concerned when I was telling him about the pain but when everything came back clear he offered me stronger pain killers and that was that.
The biggest problem I have is my reaction to pain killers. Usually 90% of pain relief makes me vomit so I then have to have Zofran to stop the vomiting which then makes me constipated. It's like a never ending cycle. Today is a bad pain and fatigue day, i've rescheduled some studio time (I work at a radio station p/t) and will hopefully get through today.
Is there a specific doctor you can go to who will understand this?

Also with amitriptyline, I had a look at it and to be honest it scares me especially when I react poorly to most drugs but I will talk to my doctor about trialling it.

I had an awful nights sleep with both children waking up every few hours they are off to their dads now so I am heading back to bed :)

I think if u read the back of any pills u can scare your self to death. I remember my Dr telling me if I knew what was in simple paracetamol I'd never take it again.lol.u can ask to be referred to a Rheumatologist.they will no weather u have fibro better then your go.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back