Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
US
State
CT
Hey everyone, I'm new here. I've apparently had fibro for a while but wasn't properly diagnosed until last year. Recently I've started trying to find support groups, mostly it makes me feel very alone because not many people get it. People tease me about whining, or that I never say I'm good, or that I always seem down even when I'm not. I'm just always in pain and forcing myself to a state where I try to be sociable.

I'm also looking for groups for my husband, he has a rough time with this as well. Of course any spouse of someone who is chronically ill or ill in general is going to have difficulties with the situation.

Anyways, hi everyone :)

Re: Hello

Hi melcat. Welcome to the forum. It's a lonely thing chronic pain. I feel like I'm always moaning which isn't really true because like most people with chronic pain, I put a brave face on almost every day & just get on with things as best I can. This forum is fab for advice & support, I'm glad I found it. I hope it helps you too, you're definitely not alone.

Lou

Re: Hello

Hi Melcat, welcome to the group. I do the same, do my best to be kind and social even when it feels like pulling teeth. Literally and figuratively. I sometimes find the social aspects as exhausting as any others. But, I don't want to risk isolating myself so I push on.

It's true Lou, most of the days we put on a bold face, but if I don't people seem to remember the grumbling long after the days of any pleasantries. For this reason I try my best to add more value to people's lives than I might take away with any moaning.

Hi Melcat, Another spot to check out is Chronicbabe (she has a webpage and is on facebook). She has lots of practical advice and manages to make things fun and light hearted, even when she's not feeling great herself. She also has advice for partners of chronically ill people.

Welcome.make sure your hubby comes on for a look at our post.also he is very welcome to ask anything he wants we will try to help him and you x

welcome and i too am new here.i have all 18 spots and i keep going so keep ur chin up and try to put on a brave face.and my hubby thinks i'm whinning as well.but i would like to see a man have chronic pain all the time and see who whines the most me or him.;)

Welcome Karen, no brave faces in here.we like to think you can come here moan your head off.cry stamp feet the lot.
Here the brave thing to do is admit life tough .x

Thanks for the warm welcome. It's been a heck of week, sorry it took me so long getting back here. I'll definitely be around more. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back