Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MD
This is my 2nd pregnancy and it seems my Fibromyalgia has gotten worse during this one. In my first pregnancy, it was mildly worse, but manageable. But with this 2nd one, wow, it is crazy. Growing a baby inside me zaps enough energy from me as it is, but with Fibro it is even more! I can't believe I am able to keep the schedule I do (get up at 5:15am, get baby #1 ready, me ready for work, then leave and drop her off at daycare and me go to work and work 8 hours, pick up baby, go home, make dinner, take care of baby and husband, go to bed). It is a wonder. Believe me, by Friday, I am a zombie and can't even stay up past 9pm. And on top of that, trying to stay healthy, eat healthy, and get some exercise somewhere in there. Another aspect is brain fog. I already have dreadful brain fog from Fibromyalgia. I forget people's name that I have known all my life. I forget something i needed to do not 2 minutes ago. I have to write down as much as I can, although I do still try to deny my brain fog and act like the 25 year old I am and go to the grocery store thinking I will remember everything I need without the list! Never works. And now with pregnancy brain, it is double bad.

Lastly, I can't take any medicine while pregnant. No pain killers, no sleeping pills, nothing.

In the end though, it is all worth it to see my sweet baby happy and healthy!

#Blessed

Hi! Thanks for your post and hang in there! Have you tried exercising religiously, like every single day? I was lucky to have an elliptical and some light weights with my first baby and I knew I had to exercise everyday at the same time. I had a doctor who saw me early on and said to get at least thirty minutes of aerobic exercise everyday. Of course as you gain weight you are automatically doing more work while you exercise so you may need to turn the intensity down some, but that controlled my fibromyalgia that whole pregnancy and made it much more tolerable. It also makes your labor shorter. Mine was two and a half hours. Give it a try. Give it at least a couple of weeks if you can to start to see some improvement. I'm not a doctor but that really worked for me and it's natural. A good massage therapist trained in pregnancy would probably help. Maybe relaxation, heat or ice? Congratulations and remember you are doing a great thing by being a good mom!

You're an amazing mom and one tough lady from the sounds of it. No meds, pills or aides in that regard.

Having a better week?

You're an amazing mom and one tough lady from the sounds of it. No meds, pills or aides in that regard.

I hope you're having a better week this week.

thank you for this post. my husband and i want to start trying to get pregnant within the next 6 months and i've been doing the research and i can only find horror stories and it's been scaring me a lot. but your post is the most positive thing that i have seen. I would love to hear more about your experience and any other tips you have. thanks for giving me a positive and a way to manage the pain while pregnant.

Sent you a PM Catamountgurl!

You're going full tilt for a mom of one WITHOUT fibro would scream uncle. You need to slow down & get some help when & where you can. Yes, things & others need to be taken care of but if you're flat on the floor nothing gets done. You need to take care of you too. Especially since you're growing a whole new human. That's hard work on any body. Let alone someone with fibro. Pick the most important things to take care of & do that but work some rest time in for you. It will do your body (and in turn baby) good.
I saw another post that said take the time for exercise. Yes, again some time for you & what your body needs. It's ok to b "selfish" once in a while for the greater good.

Are you doing okay, brsoucy? You are in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back