Not open for further replies.

besdansky603

Diagnosis
08/1997
Country
US
State
NY
I am new to this forum. I have lived with fibromyalgia and sjogrens syndrome for about 23 years. Recently scleroderma was added to the mix. I have been so blessed to have a loving, caring family around me. It is concern for my 15 year old daughter that brings me here. For 4 years I have watched her exhibit signs of FMS or CFS, but have been unable to get any kind of help for her. She has a positive ANA, severe migraines, a few episodes of numbness,dizziness/fogginess and severe fatigue. Her last rheumy noted a rash and said no fibro but possibly future lupus? That doesn't help us for right now. She almost passed out after gym class. Why is it so hard to get help? Has anyone else experienced this? :(

Often times in the begining many illnesses follow the same path with the same symptoms, which is confusing for both doctors and patients. Often the patient suffers more mentally from seemly being misunderstood or rudely treated, until the true nature of the illness shows up. Diseases like Lupus and Lyme, Fibro and other forms of arthritis and muscle conditions, all need to be considered and tests need to be run repeatedly. Then one day something clicks into place, like a positive blood test or an X-ray, and the diagnosis becomes possible, like the positive ANA and the rash which is reflective of Lupus.

While your in limbo waiting for that final verdict start doing some research on the condition and start learning managing skills. Learn about pain management and dealing with fatigue issues, migraine headaches and numb feelings, by reading back posts on this forum. Many members have talked about ways to handle these symptoms and different self-treatment plans.

Your more than welcome to come here and share your concerns through posting questions and giving advice, and supportive answers to others. The greatest thing that will help your daughter is having the for knowledge of symptom management. This forum is open to you both as a place find answers to questions and find new friends who can relate to what your going through in a positive way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back