Not open for further replies.

momwhite

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IA
I am recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I was a fairly active person before and am currently in denial. I have rode Ragbrai 4 times, I hiked rim to rim at The Grand Canyon, I like to ski, snowshoe, hike, bike, walk and am really pissed at this diagnosis! I walked with my husband Saturday for 5 miles and have suffered since-today I am in tears I hurt so bad. Seems like all I can do is sit and eat! I have gained at least 10 pounds in the last 5-6 months and I am miserable. Thank Heaven I will be going to Mayo Clinic Fibromyalgia and Pain Clinic 2 weeks from today for any help I can get. I am just sad today I guess...

momwhite,
Welcome to the forum. I am glad to hear your going to the Mayo Clinic Fibro & Pain Clinic. Mayo has always had high standards in regards to patient care and I hope this is still the case.

You can learn a lot around here if you take time to read the back posts in the topic sections for pain management and maybe even the alternative therapies. Our members try very hard to answer all the questions with the ways they have dealt with pain and other symptoms of fibro. We even have a moan and vent section where you can talk about the things that are really hurting or making you upset. We will try to provide answers to all your questions.

Please feel free to post anywhere around the forum and be sure to look for the fun and hobby topics. Glad you found us. See you around the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back