Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/1994
Country
CA
State
ON
Hello everyone...I have had Fibromyalgia for 19 years.I have come to realize there is no cure. I have tried many things for symptom relief. Some of these things work and others don't. I find that heat is my best friend. I use heat bags for my hands, arms, neck, back, hips,and at times my feet. There is no cure as I mentioned. I have become used to that but it frustrates me and I still believe that this illness is not considered real enough to be taken seriously by many doctors. I have been told several times that "it is something you just have to live with" . My own general practitioner is great. She is realistic with pain medication and tries her best to investigate new theories. I look forward to reading everyone's comments and suggestions. I hope you are all having a wonderful pain free day!

butterfly20,
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing the tip about using heat bags for the pain. I have used a heating pad when my chest hurts and use aspercreme on my hips and knees. The little things that we do to make life a little easier to bear is the things that help others here on the forum.

Join in and ask any questions on your mind and offer your thoughts and opinions on other posts where an answer is asked for. And check out our off-topic section as well. We try hard to be supportive and give words of encouragement to all who need that kind word or a hug, or just a pick me up from the hard times life throws at us. I am glad you found us! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back