Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2006
Country
US
State
MO
I am in a lot of pain and work part time. I feel like someone pushing through fog and unsure of myself because of so much pain. Putting on a mask has been a very common thing for me to do. Pain has become so regular that blocking it out is common. It hurts just to sit in a chair and lay down. Pain meds make me sleepy. Sometimes I feel like passing out. It does not do much good to complain because no one really understands. One good this is my husband is not demanding so the house does not have to look organized all the time. I have warm water and soaking in it helps a little. I wonder why so many people have this syndrome and there is yet no real answers to it?

I undeerstand where u are comming from i got it a year and 8 months it was like the flu just would not go away and the pain was so bad. went to the docs. and in and out of the ers and they all kept telling me its nothing. but a month ago come to find out it is fibro and alll this time the docs thougth it was in my head. the pain for anyone with this noone would ever know unless they have it. theres days i was unable to get out of bed or could barely walk. its hard and untill i got on here i tougth i was alone and im not cause theres others out there that go threow it too. for me its hard to talk about it to family cause they really do not understand, so when u said people dont understand i see where and what u are saying. ive tryed everything u said the bath only helps for the time u are in it.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Try adding a cup of epson salts to that warm water bath it will help to relax your muscles and easy the pain. All we know we have learned from each other, the ups and downs of the weakness and fatigue, the burning pain and the sharp pain, and other weird symptoms that come and go staying long enough to make us worry then leaving when we least expect it. Fibro is a merry-go-round of endless painful muscles that will not relax when we want them too.

What hurts even more is doctors who don't believe in fibro or our pain and tell us it is all mental issues. Even those who try to help but are as stumped as we are with many of the odd symptoms. And I often wonder what causes it and am amazed how wide spread it is with little to go on as what caused it and no cure in sight.

But what you can do is read and study, and join in here and post questions or answer others posts, and learn new coping skills to help you manage your symptoms. Learning more will give you a edge when talking with your doctors about medications and different treatments, as well as, managing symtoms with a few suggestions from other members.

I hope you will join in and post around the forum and make new friends here as well. Glad your here! :)

Thanks, today I have taken off work due to not feeling well. I wonder what the cause is too. If I exercise, it gets worse and then end up in bed. Taking a lot of pain medicine today. Fibromyalgia makes me depressed and unmotivated. Trying to drink a lot of water and took Magnesium (a vitamin you can get in any drug store or health food store). Hoping it relaxes my muscles.
It is warmer today-the weather has been very cold and I have been finding that changes in the weather and barometer does make a difference in my pain. Need to keep a diary but have lost motivation to follow through with that.
Does anyone have times where you feel motivated and can get things done and then it just turns off and you become undependable. This happens to me so I can not commit to anything. This is in relation to the Fibro pain. Finishing what I start is also a problem.
The first symptom I ever had was flu like symptoms and this proceeded the Fibromyalgia and then the depression. So in my opinion the Fibromyalgia is not (in the head) psychological and actually affects the nerves (pressure points) in the body and there may be a physical problem disrupting the chemicals in the brain and this is where antidepressants help. But it definitely is a physical problem that needs to be studied more than what it is.

Hello,
Sometimes it is chronic you need to take some Ayurvedic medicine if you haven't try it before then you can take a chance. Because many of people are got relief from this...

I was like you. Finally quit my job when boss refused to make changes for me even when I showed him a note from my doctor requesting the changes.
Ugh anyway I find it cruel that its apparently very hard to get disability because we're young.

They should start really studying this illness because more and more people are getting it. I will look up the Ayurvedic medicine. Have never heard of it but will check it out.

Hi. I'm new here too, as of yesterday. My fibromyalgia is a direct result of my Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. I struggle daily with my responsibilities, including caring for my 4 year old son. I live with my son's father, just the 3 of us. I used to work full time seasonally, and get laid off every winter. Last summer was the final season that I could work full-time and I've had to leave my job of 10 years because my body can't keep up with the workload. I have been lucky to get hired by a company that needs me to work about 10 hours a week. This is doable for me, although it will involve standing, reaching, bending, and some lifting. I am working with vocational rehab to obtain a suitable job that I can do from home. I'd stay in bed all winter if I could! I struggle so much with my life, and it is so hard to keep up. It is difficult to make appointments, because I never know how I am going to feel. I have my mother drive me to most of my appointments because I get occasional dizziness, which could cause an accident. I hope to find more ways to treat my illnesses so that I can better cope with my daily life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back