Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2008
Country
US
State
ID
Hi everyone! So glad that I found this site and looking forward to getting to know everyone. It means so much to have others in our lives for support through the difficult times.

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2008 and have been working full time. It has come to the point where I absolutely cannot do it anymore. I need to work just part time which will be a struggle as well. I am a single mom and my daughter is heading off to college in the fall, and child support will be stopping at that point. I am absolutely terrified about quitting my job, losing my health insurance, losing the security etc. I have no quality of life at this point. It's all I can do to just survive the day in agony, taking pain pills, literally crawling to the couch when I get home because I am in so much pain. I can't cook, clean, do laundry let alone have any type of social life after work. Weekends are just my recovery time to try and start all over again on Monday. I cry as soon as I leave work and keep crying for an hour or two every night because of the pain and exhaustion. I was diagnosed with carcinoid cancer in my intestines last year and I am terrified it will come back. I feel that working myself like this contributed to that.

I am hoping to find information from others that have dealt with the disability process because I have so many questions. If I quit work, I can qualify for the Healthy Indiana Plan insurance, but my primary doctor is not on there. Will this hurt my chances at the disability if I have to find a new doctor at this point?

hannah65,
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like your really having a hard time and hopefully we can help with some suggestions. First is there any chance you could work parttime at your job? That would give you money to pay bills and yet maybe make life a bit easier with some of the stress reduced.
Could you work from home?

As far as disability goes you can see any doctor, and just be sure your records are forwarded to the next doctor you see. Every state is different when applying for disability. Some times you get it right away and other times it is dragged out over a year or two. If this is the road you want or need to take then go pick up the forums and get started now.

If you can work at home there are many small jobs you could do using your computer which would help give you a bit of added income.

Please keep coming and keep us updated so that if you need help we will be aware of your needs. Ask any questions and feel free to post answers to other folks posts. Glad you found us. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back