Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
AU
State
VIC
I'm wondering if mouth breathing, especially during sleep, could contribute to fibro symptoms?

i realized today that I have probably been mouth breathing for quite some time in my sleep, years even.

I wake with dry mouth and have trouble breathing most of the day which gives me anxiety like symptoms, I feel like I can never get a good breath. I do have TMJ and I think that could contribute as my mouth wants to prop open in my sleep.

I have read about fibro being linked to cells not receiving adequate oxygen levels. That happens through hyperventilation? Mouth breathing causes hyperventilation.

I'll start practicing the Buteyko method and taping my mouth at night. If it helps improve my breathing and dry mouth and airways, I'd be happy with that!

Is anyone else here a mouth breather?

I'm always very blocked up , and sometime wakes up trying to get a good breath. So I'm not a mouth breather .but maybe the not getting enough air thing could be something.have u seen the Dr to make sure your don't have sleep apnea. If u tape your mouth shut and u have that ,it could be very dangerous.your mouth might be dry and sore due to snoring . Do get it checked out.

I have obstructive sleep apnea and use a cpap at night. That is another ailment I have been diagnosed with in the last 6 months. Definitely get it checked out. through a sleep study they found that my saturated oxygen went down to 88 and I did indeed stop breathing. Nothing to mess around with.

My partner and previous partners have never mentioned me snoring (unless i'm drunk or have a cold). So hopefully it will be safe to tape it shut! I am sure it's cos my jaw is out of place. I am wanting to breathe through my mouth during the day and always feel short of breath.

How did you go in the sleep test? Do you have to sleep overnight in the clinic? (I don't think i'd even be able to fall asleep unless I was at home!)

No my dad couldn't sleep anywhere but home to. So they give him a p.a.p machine and he slept at home , then took it back the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back