Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
06/2012
Country
US
State
FL
New here. I was diagnosed in 6/2012 & started of Effexor XR 75 mg that worked for 3 months & then lost all effect. Was then put on Cymbalta 30 mg with amazing results. I still had pain but it was very mild. About 4 weeks ago I started having localized pain for 3 to 5 days at a time which I would classify as a 9 or 10, but then it subsides. Then it will begin again in a new local. My friend asked if it ever worried me that it might be serious symptom of something not Fibro related. Now honestly this had never crossed my mind as I suffered with constant pain for 5 years before I was diagnosed. Just wondering if I should check it out or ride it out?

Welcome to the forum. I would say ride it out and enjoy it while it lasts. Sometimes with the right combo of medications you can become almost symptom free and it can last for short or long periods of time. Just try not to over-do and I hope you can maintain this mild pain for a long time.
Please read through the different sections of the forum to get help with any other symptoms you may be having by learning new coping skills. Ask questions or give answers to others and also make lots of new friends that truly understand what your going through. Look forward to reading your posts. and Happy you found us. :)

Thanks for the advice.

That's an age old problem with fibro. What's fibro and what not. Any new pain that is not what u no u normally get is best to see a Dr.
Just to be on the safe side.it might just be break through pain, and u might need some pain pills to help u out.xx

thanks for the advise. What is break through pain? :confused:

It means when u have pain meds and there not enough to stop some pain coming through.��

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back