Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
US
State
NY
I'm currently testing for Thyroid disorders. I'm wondering how many Fibro friends have Thyroid issues? Also, I'm on gluten, sugar and preservative free diet.

My fog has lifted a bit and my tremors aren't as pronounced.

On the down side, my throat is still tight like I can't swallow and it might close..along with a tongue that just doesn't really know where to go..very scary.

I'll update as I go. Xoxo

I have been tested on a monthly basis, as my symptoms would present like I have a thyroid problem but there's no evidence that it is thyroid.

I'm gluten, sugar and low carb, gmo free, no meat or dairy diet for over a year, now and only gaining weight and staying about as sick as always. It's terrible.

About six months ago I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism (Hashimoto's). My TSH was only a little elevated so I was put on a very low dose of Levothyroxine. My doctor was pretty sure this was the cause of my chronic fatigue and joint pain which were my major complaints at the time. The Levothyroxine did nothing to improve how I felt -- it was just one of many pathways my doctor explored before the diagnosis of FM was reached several months later. I know others on this board have mentioned thyroid issues and hopefully they can provide more information. Hope you're having a good day.

I had Grave's disease and had to kill off my thyroid before it killed me, it was a close call really. I was headed in the direction of a heart attack or stroke. After that was under control-and it took a long time--I needed female hormones, after those were in hand there was still more. Whether the FM was started by the other things--probably, just the stress to my body,(and there were other issues), was enough in itself I think.

I'm hypothyroid. I take T3 and T4, and the doctors say the blood tests are fine and where they should be with the medication. But I don't feel fine. I still have every symptom of hypothyroidism and I have long suspected this is the biggest problem with my fibro. I think my testosterone levels have crashed and that is also due to my thyroid.

brett, my Dr. says he treats the patient, not the numbers. I too am on both T3 and T4 and feel much better for it. Why not ask if you could experiment with a little more to see if the symptoms improve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back