Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2013
Country
UK
State
Kent
Hi, I am so glad I found this site, I had a car accident two years ago, I was stationary and was hit from behind by a 4x4, then pushed forward into the car in front of me.

I woke up in the car with my eyes rolling round in my head, I tried to move and had bad neck and back pain, BTW the driver drove off!. I waited one hour for the police to turn up, only to be told they had no one available and an officer would be round to my home by 7.30 that night, I was in Pain, in shock and cold, so I drove home. I waited for the police to arrive but by 7.40 was told some one would come see me the next day by 1.pm. I was finally able to go to the Hospital, where I was told I had whiplash and was sent on my way with pain medication. I have been diagnosed with PTSD, Generalized A Disorder, Depression, and now in Nov 2013, CFS/ME, and now I think I have Fibro, my back and neck has always been in pain ever since the accident, bad headaches to the point that I am in tears, it upset my sleep too, I kept hearing the crash and relived it over and over, and many other stuff as the two years has panned out.

Then I went to my DR, in Nov 13 as I had a massive headache, and the pain in my neck was like nothing on earth I had had before, I was so very tired, I could sleep for England but still feel utterly drained of all energy, My back hurt, every where hurt and to top it off, when I finally maneuvered my-self out of bed, my feet would hurt, MY FEET!, what was this all about now I thought to my-self, my balance is really bad, I stand up and feel like I am about to fall, all dizzy and have to hold on to something and to top that one off also trying to find words, my god having a conversation is difficult, I'd be like to my OH, we need, oh what's it called, you know you make sandwiches with it, and he would be like Bread, and i'm like yes that's it Bread, or I say something like do you know where my, and for the life of me can't think what it is called and say, you know comes in different colors, you paint your nails with it, and he is like, Nail Varnish, and I'm like yes, Nail Varnish do you know where it is, oh god, it is so annoying and very draining. Anyway, DR diagnosed CFS/ME, so I did some research and came across a piece entitled "is your CFS/ME Fibromyalgia", which leads me to think I have this also, especially after reading some of the post's on here and other sites. Any help on this and especially how to get the correct diagnosis from my DR would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. x

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope that you had x-rays or a mri done of your neck and back. Whiplash is usually treated with more than medication. My aunt had to wear a neck brace for months after having a car accident. She also had rehab and used a special neck stretching device every morning. You might want to see a neurologist if you have not already done so, then I would suggest a rheumatologist, which is a doctor who could diagnosis fibro.

Fibro, like many other arthritic conditions can cause pain anywhere in the body. In fibro it is not the joints, but the muscles. So tests usually are negative. It is hard to imagine being in so much pain and being dizzy, and having brain fog, without anything showing up on tests. But if you end up with fibro, ah such is life.

Please continue to read around the forum and ask questions of anything you wish to know. This is a very supportive forum and a great place to learn about medications and coping skills. Make yourself at home and join in answering questions as well. :)

Thank you 1sweed for your reply, I never have had an x-ray, neck brace etc, I have not had any tests yet, but intend to go to my DR on Tuesday of next week, to try to get referred to the appropriate place for a formal diagnosis, I have spent all of last week in bed, not getting up till around 4pm, and could quite happily stayed there all week if I am honest, what is this thing with my feet, is it common, it really is strange.

The thing with the feet if you have pain, may be plantar fascilitis, look it up in a web search. It too is caused by inflamation in the ligaments in the bottom of feet. There are special stretcher boots you can get to wear at night that stretch the ligaments back out again as the inflamation shortens them. It helps to wear supportive shoes that are well padded for comfort, and it helps to wear socks. Also soaking your feet in Epson Salts and warm water helps relax the muscles as well.

I like sketchers shoes, but any well made shoe or sneaker will do. Avoid going barefoot in the house if you have wood or hard floors as this can make the condition worse. Also try not to walk around a lot until the condition improves. This helps with balance problems as well.

Also the condition could be caused from your neck injury or a back injury. I am glad to hear your going to go and get checked out better. :)

I'm glad you answered about whether, or not, you got an x-ray. I would be concerned about something more serious related to the accident. A nerve being pinched or something neurological going on.

1sweed is right about discussing plantar facilitis. I've never been diagnosed with it, myself, but wouldn't be surprised if I had it. Those boots sound amazing! Does it stretch your Achilles tendon? I'm so tight there. I can't walk without shoes on my feet because I've lost all of the foot's padding. It's skin then bone. I've always felt that life isn't life when you're feet hurt.

Anyways, I would go to your doctor and have them rule out other possible causes of your problems before worrying about Fibromyalgia. Good luck and I hope you can find some answers and/or relief soon.

The boot stretches the bottom of your foot by the means of a strap that pulls your toes inward toward your leg. You have to web search it to see what I mean. It is suppose to be worn while you sleep as it is somewhat not intended for walking around. I did not get them but found by pushing my hurting feet against the cool foor board of the bed and staying off my feet as much as possible for a few days the pain lessened. Also by driving instead of walking it relieved the preasure. And getting better supportive shoes helped.

I tried wearing one of those metal shoe inserts, but all that did was make me limp more. I think the boot would be a good thing to try and then have on hand if needed again. Mine has not returned in over a year, not too say it won't thou. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back