Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
IL
Hey everyone, I just found this site after searching for some information on fibromyalgia. My name is Jessica, I live in IL, I'm 30 married with 5 year old twins. I was diagnosed with fibro last year after lots of blood tests, scans and other tests. I also have Hashimoto's, migraines, Vitamin D deficiency.

This winter has been extremely hard for me to get through. The weather here in IL has been ever changing. One day it's 40 degrees sun shining the next day it's 40 below zero with the wind chill. It has really taken a toll on me and my body. I feel lost at times, I can't seem to find any relief from the pain and I'm having a lot of trouble with the "fibro fog", memory, etc. There are even days when I hurt so bad I can't even get out of bed.

In Oct I started a new job which has really good benefits, hours and pay. I'm so thankful for this job I really don't want to lose it. But there are days when I leave my desk to go to the bathroom to cry because of the pain or because I can't get past the fogginess to actually do my job. My dr has requested I try for intermittent FMLA but I know I will be turned down because I don't meet their eligibility requirements (1 year, 1250 hrs). We put in a request anyway.

It's just so frustrating trying to get through the day sometimes. I've already used up 5/6 PTO days due to bronchitis/pneumonia/strep spout I had in Dec. I'm looking now into other benefits that I can possibly use but I'm not having much luck.

I know this is very long winded but I wanted to introduce myself and I guess I just needed to vent and cry a little before the kids woke up. Thank you for listening.

Welcome to the forum. I can understand what your feeling and what your going through. Also your fear in losing your job is putting a lot of added stress on you right now. Fibro fog is worse when we are under stress, so I would like to suggest that you use any free time at home to relax. Don't worry about the housework any more than what is the most important and necessary. Try watching funny movies and doing fun things with your children that are easy on your body. If possible take bubble baths with ebson salts in the water. The salts will help relax your muscles. Take naps when the pain is bad, and put a blanket in the dryer to warm it up and cover yourself. The warmth will help ease your pain.

Wear socks to bed and lay a extra blanket over your lower legs and feet at night to prevent pain and cramping. If pain while sleeping is a big problem, look for a cotton or feather filled, or foam bed pad. These pads are not regular mattress pads, but are thick 3-4 inches, that provide extra padding. You lay it on top of your regular mattress. They come in all bed sizes and can be found in most department stores.

Please read through the pain management sections to get other ideas on dealing with pain and post any other questions you may have. Share your feelings and thoughts around the forum. :)

I have had this Fibro, depression, GAD, IBS, Insomnia 15 years. I have found Tramadol to be the only thing to work great on my depression and Fibro and be able to work. I ALSO get bronchitis alot and missed 5 days this year already at work. Hope this helps..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back