Whyfor is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Santa Rosa
State: California
Interest: I am in the process of being diagnosed with FIBRO/CFS/PAIN
Default Lower back pain?

About six months ago, after taking a nice walk, my lower back suddenly went out for the very first time. I was in terrible pain, and nearly had to crawl home. And from that day on, it just seemed to happen more and more frequently, until I was finally at the point where the back pain was pretty much constant. I went in to my doctor, and she suggested I try strengthening my core with a few exercises, and after about 2 months, my level of improvement has been pretty nominal.

So I was wondering if anyone else here with Fibromyalgia experiences chronic lower back pain. How do you deal with it?
Old 12-23-2013, 11:45 PM #2
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

Trellum is on a distinguished road
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: NL
State: NL
Diagnosed: 04/2011
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
Trellum is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lower back pain?

I do, my most affected area is actually my back. I think my pain is even worse when I'm close to or having my period. For some reason my lower back and thighs hurt during that time. I also suffer from frequent UTIs, I was told that pain could also be a symptom of that. In general back pain is like the norm for me, I've learnt to deal with them tho.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:04 AM #3
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Paul is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Mint Hill
State: NC
Interest: Fibromyalgia
Paul is on a distinguished road

I have lower back pain every day and night. It is difficult to deal with. Stretching helps some. Do you take any meds for this?
Old 12-24-2013, 12:43 AM #4
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Diamondgirl is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Rio Rancho
State: NM
Diagnosed: 09/2009
Interest: I have been diagnosed with FIBRO/CFS/PAIN
Diamondgirl is on a distinguished road

I had lower back pain for 4 years that I equated to child labor. And, I'm not making that up. I had cortisone shots in my spine and to my surprise I was in more pain that before the shots. I did not think it was possible to be in more pain. How I got rid of the constant back pain is to rid my body of inflammation. I did that by going in a gluten free, sugar free, grain free, nut free diet. And, it worked. It took about a year for the inflammation to subside, but the pain got better right away. I suggest a food allergy panel to see what foods your system is being aggravated by. Don't let your doctor tell you to go on an elimination diet. We suffer enough without having to go through that crap. Find a doc who will do one for you. Then, eliminate those foods. I wish you much luck and pain free days!
Old 12-24-2013, 01:28 AM #5
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Santa Rosa
State: California
Interest: I am in the process of being diagnosed with FIBRO/CFS/PAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I have lower back pain every day and night. It is difficult to deal with. Stretching helps some. Do you take any meds for this?
I have a bit of Norco that I take when it goes out, which allows me to go lay down and hopefully let the back re-align before the pain reliever wears off. I take it is infrequently as possible since I fear addiction pretty terribly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondgirl
I had lower back pain for 4 years that I equated to child labor. And, I'm not making that up. I had cortisone shots in my spine and to my surprise I was in more pain that before the shots. I did not think it was possible to be in more pain. How I got rid of the constant back pain is to rid my body of inflammation. I did that by going in a gluten free, sugar free, grain free, nut free diet. And, it worked. It took about a year for the inflammation to subside, but the pain got better right away. I suggest a food allergy panel to see what foods your system is being aggravated by. Don't let your doctor tell you to go on an elimination diet. We suffer enough without having to go through that crap. Find a doc who will do one for you. Then, eliminate those foods. I wish you much luck and pain free days!
I do already live soy free because of a soy intolerance that I recently developed, and a few years back, I actually did live completely gluten free for about two years due to a suggestion by my doctor. Some of my inflammation did improve over that time, but unfortunately, as we are now much lower income than we were, being gluten free is very hard (especially when you are accepting from food banks). But I do appreciate the feed back!

Thank you all for your input! It's really helpful!
Closed Thread

Tags
back, back pain, chronic, doctor, early, exercises, fibromyalgia, ice, pain