DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2007
Country
US
State
Rhode Island
Hello all,

My name is Jen I have been having Fibromyalgia pains since I was a child. I was diagnosed seven years ago and it was nice to put a name to my symptoms. I am currently working in a hospital and each day is a struggle. I have found the last three months my symptoms are out of control. I have been on a medical leave due to foot surgery and had not been active. The pains are so bad due to lack of exercise. I was wondering if there is any exercise, diet or alternative methods of treatment have been tried. I am willing to try just about anYthing at this point. I am hoping to continue to work a few more years, but that is in question at the moment.

Jen,
Some of our members have found swimming in a heated pool to be very helpful on your sore and painful muscles. Others soak in warm bathwater with epson salts in the water. Some find slow walking or bike riding in their yard or around a block to help. Others sit in their livingroom and do exercises from their chair or use exercise machines.

I have used diet to improve somewhat do to food allergies making me feel fatigued and having more pain. I walk slowly and enjoy nature. I bought a lightweight sweeper and a swifer mop to make my housecleaning easier. I do small loads of laundry so I don't have to carry a heavy basket to the cellar. I love gardening and had some raised beds built so I would not have to bend over so far or get down on the ground and not be able to get up. Hope this helps give you some ideas. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back