Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2015
Country
US
State
west Virginia
my doctor just put me on cymbalta for fibromyalgia ..has cymbalta helped any of you and has it made u gain weight or made u lose weight ?

yes it has helped many folks. it has not helped many folks too. do a search (at top of page) for cymbalta. you will need to see how your body takes the meds. please document the drug to see if it's working for you.

I do not take many drugs for my Fibro but I have been on Cymbalta for 10 years. I've tried to go off twice, and my pain shoots right back up. As much as I don't like taking drugs long-term, Cymbalta is going to be a "life drug" for me. I've found that 90mg is a good dose; 120 doesn't seem to do anything more than 90. I will warn you that withdrawl can be severe, so it's important to take it every day at the same time, and know that if you ever want to go off, you may have a very difficult time (it took me 6 months of gradual tapering--e.g. counting beads inside the pill--to get off of it last year.) I start having bad withdrawl around 3-4pm if I forget a morning dose. However, the pain relief it gives is worth it.

I take 60 mg Cymbalta. It does help a bit, along with helping with depression. I did gain 15 pounds when I started taking it. Now that I have a better handle on all the silly symptoms, I am able to gently exercise and walk and have lost 8 of the pounds. Hoping to lose the rest with the warmer weather and more good days to walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back