New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Painjane is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Uk
State: Devon
Diagnosed: 10/2013
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
Painjane is on a distinguished road
Default Tapentadol, best drug I've tried!

Hi there I wanted you all to know Ive found a drug the makes life bearable again!I have been to pain management so many times and thought I had tried everything and was losing hope as my latest tramadol and lyrica duo was not working so well any more, then the pain doc whips out a chart of fibro drugs with tapentadol near the top for pain relief, beyond it is fentanyl, morphine and zomorph, all the super strong opiates. I told her I never heard of this drug before, she said it's not often prescribed as it can be addictive and costs so much gps aren't encouraged to give it out, I'm taking the slow release tablets which give me pain relief all day, and night. I started at 50mg in the morning and 50 at night and am now on 150mg am and pm which is the most I can tolerate without side effects but the maximum dose is 600mg per day if I really need it. I had a few horrific days of side effects, stomach ache, nausea, cold sweats, but I switched from tramadol so may well have been suffering withdrawal symptoms. I no longer have side effects and have stopped taking any muscle relaxers or paracetamol and I am titrating down my lyrica dose as the tapentadol is enough on its own. The brand is palexia (slow release capsules) or nucynta if you want to read more about the effect it has on the brain.she said it's what docs call a 'clean' opiate and has effects like an antidepressant and nerve drug all in one, I can't believe they've been keeping this from me! I'd advise talking to pain management not your GPs as they are much more understanding and they will tell your GPs to give you the stronger stuff! And I hope it can be as good for others as it is for me if you can bear getting through the first few days!
Old 01-09-2016, 01:47 AM #2
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

Forgetmenot is on a distinguished road
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: London
State: Hertfordshire
Diagnosed: 70/2010
Forgetmenot is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tapentadol, best drug I've tried!

Thanks for that. I'm on tramadol and lately it's not working so well.
I have a really rough time getting off it so would have to ween of that first no way I can just stop them.but next time I see my dr I'm going to ask as he is a Fibro dr so I can ask him.
Old 01-09-2016, 04:37 AM #3
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

diamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of light
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: somewhere
State: anywhere
Diagnosed: 01/2008
diamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond is a glorious beacon of light

This is interesting as i also had never heard of this drug...let us know how you both get on...you too forgetmenot...let us know how you are doing getting off tramadol and if you get this new drug to try. I know from reading over the last few months tramadol had been a great help to you. So sorry its not helping so much now.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:14 AM #4
Registered Member

remnant is on a distinguished road
Registered Member
City: Githunguri
State: Central
Interest: I am interested in learning about Fibromyalgia and/or chronic pain.
remnant is on a distinguished road

I have also learnt about tapentadol. It is very effective especially the slow release form called Nucinta ER which offers round the clock treatment. However, it is not hassle free since it has some severe contraindications and side effects. For example, it can stop or slow breathing when one starts taking it. In can cause drowsiness and dizziness and driving or operating machinery under its influence can be dangerous. It is also habit forming and should never be shared with another person. Taking it with alcohol can be fatal. It should be taken on strict prescription from a doctor.
Closed Thread

Tags
brain, drugs, good, hope, lyrica, morphine, muscle, nausea, night, opiates, pain, pain management, pain relief, relief, symptoms, tramadol, understanding, wanted, withdrawal, working