Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
KYA
State
Central
The role of employers to employees with fibro is part of best practice that can be monitored by fibro associations. It is recommended that employees be reminded of deadlines for meetings as well as allowins time off for counselling. Sensitivity training for coworkers of those suffering from fibro should be provided. Another recommendable practice is to use stress management techniques. Employers should allow telephone calls during work hours for support. Also, providing counselling, information and employee assistance programs is crucial. It can't be gainsaid that allowing flexible working hours and frequent work breaks works wonders and so is allowing the employee to work from home.

I like the sensitivity training idea, but that would cost money to the company, and doubt they'd want t spend any cash on something like that :( It's all about money for them, and they won't spend it unless they are forced to or they get some benefit. This is how our world works, sadly.

Everything that costs money will be hard to implement, at the same time we should try to make it happen.

It's a shame it won't happen .it should happen but it won't.will not here in the uk.
U get some support ,but it only goes so far then your left hanging .

True - from the company's point of view they would rather have a worker with fewer needs.

LOL, I can just imagine working in an office now...everytime I have to reach for something they have to hear "owowow!" and then when I bend over to pick something up it "uhuhuhuhuh!" and the other assorted grunts, moans and OMG OMG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back