Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
Saskatchewan
Hi, I've had fatigue and muscle pain for many years, I've been previously told by Drs and friends I was too stressed, too fat, too inactive, and that I complained too much! i did everything the Drs suggested and more...and when it didn't help I was told I complained too much. I was diagnosed with depression and put on medication, I also have sleep apnea. Because I was constantly told I was tired due to my size I decided to have weight loss surgery. All of these therapies for these illnesses made me feel a little better but.... In the last year few years I've been missing lots of work due to being so tired and in pain and so brain foggy. I moved in the last few years and honestly cause I've been living with these symptoms for so long it was 'normal' to me. So when I've seen my new doctor I hadn't really mentioned this too him until recently. He actually gave me a lecture about not telling him my symptoms lol. He wants to change my antidepressant and is starting me on Lyrica today so I hope it works. He originally thought I might have lupus as I had a relative with it, but the tests came back negative. I'm hoping that the Lyrica helps, but just being diagnosised and not being told too lose weight or destress, etc is such a relief on its own. I hope this is a new beginning for me....

I hope Lyrica works for you, please read all the side effects.

Welcome to the forum

Finding the right medications for you can be a trial and error process - I hope the Lyrica helps you. It is good that you finally have a doctor that is listening and interested in your symptoms!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back