New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

chblack is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Charlotte
State: NC
Diagnosed: 08/2017
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
Default Iíve got Fibro, too!

Glad I found you all.. I have been recently diagnosed although I think I have had it for years and seen rheumatologists, physical therapists, and chiropractors. I have also been tested for Lupus and Lyme disease. I am hypothyroid but have been on meds for that which have have brought my levels back to normal. I also take Prozac for depression. I had really bad flares of what I thought was arthritis but it would spontaneously resolve and I would feel fine for awhile. Over time, my symptoms got worse and now I have pain continuously. I kept a journal for awhile. My triggers are stress and too much physical activity. Sometimes the pain is mild and sometimes severe. I always hurt in the mornings and It affects my sleep. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. I never know how I will feel from one day to the next. Currently I am taking extra strength Tylenol with Celebrex twice a day. It helps but does not totally relieve the pain. The pain has been so bad at times, my teeth chatter and I just cry. I tried flexiril but it did not work for me. I need something stronger.. I have pain all over, even in my ribs, hands, and feet plus everywhere else. I need to find something that doesnít interact with my antidepressant and it is hard to find... I can relate to many of you. Thanks for listening to my rant..April
Old 10-23-2017, 02:42 AM #2
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Peaceandquiet will become famous soon enoughPeaceandquiet will become famous soon enough
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Private
State: East
Diagnosed: 04/2017
Peaceandquiet will become famous soon enoughPeaceandquiet will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Iíve got Fibro, too!

Hi chblack and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear you have been recently diagnosed. Like you, many of us suffered for some years before a diagnosis of fibromyalgia was made so we understand. In some ways it's better to know, then you can get on with living your life with a few new adjustments. Pacing yourself is a good place to start.

I hope you enjoy the forum and get a lot of benefit from talking to others with similar problems. Some of the older threads contain terrific ideas for coping so I hope you have time to read back through some of them.

Again, welcome.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:16 AM #3
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Charlotte
State: NC
Diagnosed: 08/2017

Thank you😊
Old 10-23-2017, 08:35 PM #4
Banned
Registered Member

Tipnatee N is a jewel in the roughTipnatee N is a jewel in the roughTipnatee N is a jewel in the roughTipnatee N is a jewel in the rough
Banned
Registered Member
City: New york
State: New york
Diagnosed: 11/2012
Tipnatee N is a jewel in the roughTipnatee N is a jewel in the roughTipnatee N is a jewel in the roughTipnatee N is a jewel in the rough

hi chblack

Welcome to the crazy world! There are many nice people here and it's good not to be alone in fibro brain. I hope you'll find it great comforting here and just what you need to get by on the rainny days. ( for me it's literally cause humidity is killing me right now) welcome here chblack

Last edited by Tipnatee N : 10-23-2017 at 08:41 PM
Closed Thread

Tags
activity, back, cry, depression, feet, flares, lyme, lyme disease, meds, pain, rant, ribs, sleep, stress, symptoms, work