New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Kristin975 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Sioux Falls
State: SD
Diagnosed: 10/2019
Interest: I am being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and/or chronic pain.
Default Diagnosed Oct 28th ..nobody replied on other board

If someone has time to read. Would love feedback if this seems correct. I am copy pasting from what I put on ďdo I have FibromyalgiaĒ board

I am 54 years old. I have been feeling fatigue for a while ( 8/2016) when I looked back in my chart. I would say it has slowly came on and now fast forward around February 2019 still fatigue but more then before and all bloodwork is good.
Now in May I go back because the fatigue is much worse and she checked for hashimoto. Nope that wasnít it. I also have some brain fog and on and off blurry vision I do have MS in my family. My maternal grandfather had it and I have a few first cousins each from different aunt with MS. So I wasnít getting anywhere and now I hired a holistic MD Skype appointment and I am thinking maybe my hormones are all out of whack. I do a DUTCH urine test. Nothing really with that either.
Now September comes all of a sudden my muscles and skin hurt I am fatigued usually by noon or 1 pm. I use the carts at stores just to help me almost like a walker in disguise lol This pain and fatigue has snow balled and I am scared. It has gotten worse so fast. My muscles get tired and hurt but no cramps just pain. Also they get what I call earthquakes sometimes almost like a tremor.
My left arm muscles hurt the most but my legs and other arm do but I can tell my left is more weak. I had all kinds of blood test from rheaumatologist He said all my autoimmune markers were fine. I did have 3 tests out of probably 20 that came back significantly high were C reactive protein and Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate and C reactive protein Quantative.
I just went to be checked at Endocrinologist today because some other physician said to check for cushings. He said no. Rheaumatologist at the end of exam said it was fibromyalgia. He did push in places that I had no idea even hurt and he said autoimmune wouldnít do that. I did see something online to do a blood test for fibromyalgia and they sent out a test kit and I am waiting for the results. The Endocrinologist said there is no test. I am at a loss to know when do you believe and know they have the diagnosis correct.

Also do these pains ever go away for a month or is this pain stay with you most days?
Does anyone feel like they need to have a cane towards afternoon when muscles get weak? I finally ordered one but it isnít here yet.
Any answers would be helpful. I donít have any dragging legs or pin and needles so they didnít think MS. I have slight burning and just weakness in my muscles. Massage and warmth feel amazingly good. I am just worried since this snowballed so quickly. Even standing is too much.
Kristin975 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:43 PM #2
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Firo30 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Montreal
State: Qc
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
Firo30 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Diagnosed Oct 28th ..nobody replied on other board

Hi , unfortunately there is no specific bio marker for fibromyalgia. Yes a rheumatologist is the dr of choice for diagnosis fibromyalgia. With FM you do get flares where pain , fatigue and brain fog are more intense . Unfortunately there is no complete disappearance of fatigue and pain even with medication , I would say some days are worst than others .
Firo30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:15 AM #3
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Sioux Falls
State: SD
Diagnosed: 10/2019
Interest: I am being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and/or chronic pain.

Thank you so much for your reply. I just got a blood test that said it can tell you if you have FM and I just got results and said 97% positive.

By later in the afternoon most days I feel I need a cane. I asked my primary physician about getting a handicap placard so on days itís bad I can use it. Her response was no I donít qualify for it and then she said that I need to be doing the opposite ď in fact increasing your excersise will help treat the fibromyalgia and walking further from the parking spot will actually help with the diseaseĒ

This is what was written back. If this is true I feel embarrassed for even asking but I can hardly walk some days by the afternoon. Since this is a new diagnosis I didnít know exercise can turn it around. I am not lazy and seems when I am walking around by afternoon itís been too much and now itís difficult. I am sooo confused

Also have you used a infa red heating pad?
Kristin975 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM #4
Registered Member

David has disabled reputation
Registered Member
City: Toronto
State: Ontario
Diagnosed: 06/2012
David has disabled reputation

I've used hot water bottles and heating blankets, they help at certain times.

I read a bit more up on the handicap sign and it is based on a doctors recommendation. So, it's either convince this doctor, or seek another's assistance in hopes they'll agree with you. That's how it works here in Canada.
David is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote