autoimmune

1. Dooi

More evidence showing fibromyalgia is an auto-immune response and does not originate in the brain

As many of us know, fibromyalgia has often been seen by others as a "brain" issue, or "all in your head". This is both frustrating and can lead to issues with diagnosis depending on your doctor or healthcare professional. I personally do believe this is an auto-immune disorder and not simply...
  2. B

FM/a blood test for Fibromyalgia

Has anyone had the FM/a blood test for Fibromyalgia? I heard the blood test is 99% sensitive (accurate) and can finally give a definitive diagnosis to those suffering. I am considering having this done and was wondering on others experiences. I have Sjogren's (autoimmune) disease and was told...
  3. D

Nail Psoriasis

Many months ago, like 6 or longer, i kept banging my thumb nail. I’m a klutz! When I went to get my manicure it appeared that I had a nail fungus. Got some stuff to use and seemed to get a bit better, never went away. Been going up and down with it. Nail also lifting off the bed as...
  4. K

Recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia

Hello everyone! I am very glad to have found this forum because I know nothing about fibromyalgia and was diagnosed just yesterday. Long story short - I have been having chronic pain, tingling and blurred vision off-and-on for the past two years. I have had multiple blood panels done and the...
  5. H

Does this sound like Fibro?

Hi Everyone. I hope you all are having a tolerable day. I don't know what to do anymore. I can barely function and sometimes am bedridden from the pain. I have been suicidal from the pain. I am wondering if this sounds like Fibromyalgia. I know that I can't be diagnosed online and am going to...
  6. C

Fibro test, tightness in your chest, Cymbalta

Hi - I am still trying to determine if I have Fibro or not (see my post in do I have fibro) folder. I DO know I don't have Lupus or Rheumatoid arthritis or Lymes, Epstein Barr, Parvo, Hepatitis C and some other things my doc ran tests for. My symptoms began in my hands (which continue to...
  7. C

Do you think I might have Fibro?

Hi – new to forum. Wondering if anyone thinks this sounds like Fibro. It has been suggested by a doctor in the past but no one has ever addressed it further. I am 51, female, and in generally good health. I do have irritable bowel syndrome - have had it for 30 years. It presents with bad...
  8. C

newbie just a bit bout me

hi i'm carol.i have been diagnosed with primary fibro'secondary sjorgens and ischail bursitis all within months of each other and I've had granuloma cellular {excuse spelling in all posts please}for years.i have been on a lot of forums as I have been tested for lots of autoimmune...
  9. Sagey

Was your A1C Elevated??

Hi, Just got back from the dr, and she said my A1C was elevated. Wondering if anybody else with Fibro has had elevated A1C's?? When I was reading about Fibromyalgia and Diabetes.It said that a person with Diabetes is four times more likely to get Fibromyalgia then the regular public.That was...
  10. K

Trying to Determine Whether I Have FM - Kindly Request Your Feedback

I just found this forum and am very thankful for it. I am hopeful that someone here can help me pre-determine whether I have FM or not as it has been quite a journey these past three months and I will try to keep things as short and concise as possible: Dec '16: Started with right lower back...
Back