breathing

1. F

Strange stuff

After my initial newby thread I was diagnosed in November which seemed too easy after all the things I had read. I ended up getting a second opinion from rhumy. I filled out the standard fibro pain form, however he doesn't like the term Fibromyalgia because it was a trash can term by so many...
  2. R

Hello! I'm Rhi and I have Fibro/CFS and diabetes.

For years, my previous doctor told me that I was exhausted and in pain because I had sleep apnea even though I never once snored or stopped breathing in my sleep. He told me I was overweight and all my pain was because I was too fat. (I don't disagree that my weight was an issue, however at this...
  3. L

Yoga as therapy

Okay, so I've been doing yoga for a few weeks and here are some things I have learned. Hot yoga has a far greater effect than normal temperature yoga and I do both. However, I do light heat yoga. DO NOT DO BIKRAM. Unless you want to train up to it. It is usually 100 degrees and many people say...
  4. C

My chest

Many thanks to all of you who responded to my posts. It's so good to know that there is support out there. The last few days I've been feeling worse because my chest feels tight and the fatigue has increased. I don't feel like I'm have trouble breathing but my chest feels tight and heavy...
  5. Tipnatee N

Exercise intolerance , how real is it?

After tried and tried times and times again with many kind of exercises , I’m now kinda in the jam with exercise intolerance. From Wikipedia, this is how they describing what causing it. With intolerance to exercise may be caused by unusual breathlessness (dyspnea), muscle pain (myalgia)...
  6. Sagey

Interesting article on mind body connection

The first component of mind body science is a molecule found on the surface of all our cells in our brains and our bodies. They are so small that millions cover a single nerve cell. This first component is called a receptor, and it is attached to a cell’s outer membrane. It lies exposed to the...
  7. C

Partner Tentatively Diagnosed

I'm dealing with doctor frustration like never before!! I personally suffer with Interstitial Cystitis and I feel I'm pretty used to dealing with doctor silliness, but I don't understand this at all. About 6 months ago, in October 2016, my partner (19 y/o female) began experiencing abdominal...
  8. R

Fibro newbie

Hi all, apologies for what may be some dumb questions, but i have only recently been diagnosed with FM and i seem to have more questions than answers at the moment! Q1. I seem to tick many of the 'ailments' boxes, but not all, especially when i read about the amount of pain that many of you...
  9. R

Fibro newbie

Hi all, apologies for what may be some dumb questions, but i have only recently been diagnosed with FM and i seem to have more questions than answers at the moment! Q1. I seem to tick many of the 'ailments' boxes, but not all, especially when i read about the amount of pain that many of you...
  10. B

A continuing saga

I continue to be frustrated with getting a diagnosis. Continuing pain and discomfort and fatigue. Up until this year I was working as a substitute teacher at a local girls high school. I loved working there and always felt like I was coming into a strong caring community. I have always had...
Back