student

1. A

Job opinions

I'm new here but really struggling what to do with my life. I was diagnosed with fibro in appx 2011, although I suspect I had it much longer, at that time I had worked as a medical Transcriptionist for 11 years. Finally I had to quit due to pain in 2012. After that I went back to get my...
  2. Trying2GetHealthy

New member!

Hello. My name is Skye. I supposedly developed PTSD & Fibromyalgia around the same time. My PTSD was misdiagnosed for years. My fibromyalgia was supposedly all in my head. Life became chaotic. I had no one to tell me what to do or where to get help for my different issues. I was diagnosed in...
  3. AbbyRose

It all makes sense now

Hi everyone. I'm Abby. I was officially diagnosed in February of this year by a rheumatologist, but my family doctor put me on Lyrica before Christmas. I've been in pain for years, but blamed myself for it. I was (and am) overweight, and that's society's first answer to any fat person's health...
  4. L

Am I being too easy or to hard on myself?

Hi, I am 21 and have had fibromyalgia for a long time but only just got diagnosed. I am a full time college student studying culinary arts and work about 30 hours a week as a chef which is stressful involves long hours lots of standing and no breaks but food is my passion. I feel like my pain is...
  5. C

HELP needed please!!

Hello! I am currently an undergraduate student at the University of Surrey, UK. I have been living with Fibromyalgia and M.E. for many years myself. As part of my degree I am focusing my dissertation research on the experiences of Fibromyalgia and linked aspects of health. I am really hoping...
  6. H

Someone who understands

Hi! I want to communicate with someone who understands fibromyalgia and chronic illness. I have all the diseases that go along with it or are related to it, such as interstitial cystitis. I have been chronically ill for about twenty years. While I have accepted my limitations, one thing I really...
  7. S

Daughter with Fibromyalgia : Need help

Hello, this is my first post on this forum. I have a daughter that has been suffering from fibromyalgia for four years now. She is currently 16, in her junior year of high school. When she was in the sixth grade I had her take the infamous Gardasil shot. Although we are not sure, we do think...
  8. D

Research paper about patient perspective on fibromyalgia

I was surprised to run across a good research paper that was focused on uunderstanding how fibromyalgia patients view their condition. Many times this kind of research seems to be focused on identifying ways that the patients are making their symptoms worse by having a bad attitude (which...
  9. Y

Deal with overwhelming thoughts and feelings due to FM

Hi I'm a PhD student at King's College London doing research in chronic pain. Our team developed an interesting online study testing a therapeutical process (technique) that helps us deal with our undesirable (such as painful) thoughts and feelings which often occur and can be overwhelming for...
  10. R

My name is Rudy

Hello everyone, My name is Rudy, I am a physics student from the Netherlands. My girlfriend was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in January 2015. She doesn't so much like to search for information or help on the web. That's where I come in. I joined this forum to learn something more about...
Back