fibro flares

1. S

Holistic Approach 💜

I am new to this forum thing so bare with me. I was wondering what kinds of Natural and Holistic options you may be using to help handle the day to day symptoms you have issues with. I was diagnosed about 10 years ago and I struggled so much! I could t keep up with the meds and didn’t like how...
  2. F

Hello from fibromomof2

Hello. My name is Brenda and I was diagnosed with fibro in 2004. I have two children....2 teen children...my son is in high school and my daughter is in junior high. My life with fibro has been very challenging as I have other medical conditions riding along with it. I think though the...
  3. M

What has worked for you? Help

I'm new here. I was diagnosed with RA 7 years after I started having symptoms in 2007. I started having relief but then I began to have pain again. My SED rates (inflammation) were perfect so my Rheumatologist started changing my meds. Nothing worked for 2 years. One day a student working with...
  4. C

A 21st Century Disease?

Hi there. I have just joined this forum and am finding it very interesting. I've had 35 years of fibro flares and remissions (like now!) with medical investigations showing no cause - apart from episodes of low iron stores and always slightly low white blood cell counts. I have found, as I'm...
  5. L

Hi from Southern CA!

Hi! Thanks for having me! I'm 56, married, mom of 6, grandma to 1, retired US Navy Corpsman. I'm originally from Minnesota. I work full time in a locked psychiatric facility and when I'm flaring, it's truly miserable trying to work. :cry: I also have a One Minute Business (Watkins) that I'm...
  6. G

Fibro Flare

I believe I've had fibromyalgia for about 5 years but it intensified about 2 years ago. I was finally diagosed about a year ago. I've tried Lyrica (which made me gain weight) and Cymbalta (which threw me over the edge emotionally). I've been treated for depression since I went in to a...
  7. Seph

Swelling and Fibro Flares

I was diagnosed with Fibro last year. Since then, every time I have a fibro flare, my neck and shoulders swell up like I've been stung by a bee! It drastically decreases my mobility in my arms. I usually can't lift them above shoulder height. And my neck looks like I have a hunchback. Does...
  8. S

Is heat or ice better?

Doctors always say put ice on sore muscles to reduce the swelling, and heat to reduce the pain. Often times, I can't decide which one my muscles actually need because they're swollen and in pain! I tend to automatically go to taking hot baths to help with my general achiness and fibro flares...
  9. D

Fibro flares and knee pain

Hi everyone! I'm so sick of this cold weather because this winter has caused me more flares than I've probably had since I've been diagnosed. I've missed a lot of work this past winter. Last week when I was working I started noticing that it was getting hard for me to get up and down from a...
  10. T

What are some good distractions?

When my fibro flares up, I'm often confined to my house (or the bed) with not many options of things to do. It's so easy to get depressed in those moments. What kinds of things do you guys like to do, to keep yourself distracted? What I often do is listen to relaxing music, or if I have the...
Back