misdiagnosis

1. K

New to forum. Fibro sucks.

I am in my 40's. I was diagnosed a year and a half ago, after 5 years of misdiagnosis and doctors thinking i'm crazy. I had gone through extensive testing for Lyme, Lupus and MS. And doctors telling me I was depressed and that's why I felt the way I felt. I thought I WAS going crazy. My life was...
  2. vickythecat

new doctor, how to make the best of the appoinment

Hi, Yesterday I went to a doctor after 3 years of avoiding doctors. (had lost all my trust in doctors and hospitals, after they managed to mess up the basic/common injuries I had sustained after a fall. I now suffer even more thanks to their mistakes.) I guess I am lucky that I live in a...
  3. R

Misdiagnosis

Fibromyalgia is one of the most misdiagnosed diseases due to symptom overlap. For instance, widespread pain can be caused by sleep apnea, malignancy, hypothyroidism or lupus which cause fatigue. Doctors need to rule out the symptoms of other diseases as they look for an explanation. A patient...
  4. F

I just feel like it's something else...

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 7 months ago when I went into the rheumatologist complaining of weakness and soreness in my arms and shoulders. My doctor did run blood tests which came back normal, and he did do a trigger point test...which were only slightly uncomfortable in the spots that he...
  5. P

Desperately need Dr. in NW Florida

Does anyone know a Dr. in NW Florida that truly believes and treats Fibromyalgia? So ready to give up, pain and quality of life is becoming unbearable. After years of misdiagnosis and multiple medications, I don't know what else to do but seek a pain management doc. in hopes of relief just to...
  6. E

Possible Misdiagnosis or Additional Disorder

I just was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or any input. I was experiencing increasing pain symptoms and I went to a doctor (my doctor did not have appointments). He did some blood work and later that week my PCP diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. I was frustrated that the...
  7. C

Hello

Hi. I'm new to this group and this medical merry go round. I've gotten more misdiagnosis in the last year than a dictionary has words.
  8. B

Uncomfortable skin/cold sweats

So...after years of misdiagnosis and being treated like a drug seeker I was finally diagnosed with Fibro. I am a male and thought my pains were due to sports injuries, and a very bad auto accident. I get epidurals every 3 months and take hydrocodone x3 daily for a pair of slipped discs and...
  9. N

Pregnancy and Fibromyalgia

I have heard of a few cases where people with fibromyalgia have been reported to have fallen pregnant and delivered normal healthy babies. The risks associated with this process is that at times when you are pregnant you may have similar symptoms to fibromyalgia such as fatigue, tiredness...
  10. S

Is this fibromyalgia or a misdiagnosis?

Hi everyone, Thanks for reading this. I was recently diagnosed with fibro. It began 3 months ago when I started getting traveling pains in my arms, legs, hands, feet, and shoulders. Sometimes my wrists or ankles would burn. I would get a stabbing pain in my finger or toe. The pain feels...
Back